Plain Picky

"I think she enjoys picking on me." Sid protested. Looking up from his textbook.

"You think so? I know so! Everyone knows you're the weakest at maths in this whole class." Cindy, his deskmate, rebuked. "And keep it down, were still in Maths class, so watch what you say!"

"Whatever, it's not like Mrs Jenny can hear me anyways, that lady is as deaf as my grandmother, and she's legitimately deaf." Sid teased, roiling his eyes in the process.

"You still have to treat teachers with respect" Cindy retorted.

"You don't know what it's like to always get picked and stand there looking like the class clown, that's Jeff's job." Sid protested once more. Trying to plead his cause.

But just as he was about to continue, a familiar feeling arose inside him. He didn't have enough time to take a look at his work before the death chimes started.

"Sid!"

Sid slowly turned his gaze from Cindy towards the front, towards a very pissed Mrs Jenny who was waiting impatiently. He slowly stood up and waited for his death sentence to fall upon him.

"What is your answer to question 6a of yesterday's homework?" She questioned, giving him a judgemental look which made him quiver with fear.

By this time the whole class was staring at him, making him feel like an alien standing out amongst them.

"It's two over seven" Cindy whispered, all the while covering up her mouth to cover up her tracts. Sid echoed her words exactly, almost as if he said it while mocking her accent.

"Good, sit down Sid." Mrs Jenny commanded, and turned back to the board to continue teaching.

"Nice save, Again." Sid commented, and with that he went back to staring blankly at his book."

_________End_________