A Tree's Life

I remember when I was born, everyone around me was tall and green. The water that stretched out for miles was as clear as a summer sky on the hottest day of the year. The air was as fresh as the first day it arrived and smelt like sweet sunflowers and ditsy daisies. I would stretch my hands out from deep within, reaching all around the coast of the island from underneath the lagoon's surface, feeling the cool waters flow past my fingertips to the little worms and badgers avoiding stepping on my arms as they burrowed about their day.

Fast forward a couple hundred years, I'm taller now. I could see miles off in the distance borough my family and deep below to the bottom of the lagoon. The air became sick, we tried everything we could to help them but they became infested; there was nothing we could do. Over the years the lagoon started feeling sick too, but it was nothing to worry about. We're all worried though, we've noticed our numbers declining slowly. It's nothing to be concerned about though, there's millions of us, we'll be fine!

It's present day now, I'm taller than everyone else but..... there's not many of us left. A couple decades ago little humans appeared and built a tiny red house in the middle of the island, I guess they decided it was time for my grandmother to become something new. The air has become fatal, they don't know how much longer they can hold on. They've become so hot and stuffy that we fear for our own lives, they're killing us all by mistake; burning us down to the ground never to be seen again. The fresh smell of flowers has now been replaced by the putrid smell of blood and dung. Lagoon's once crystal clear waters are now as dark as night, overflowing with the future death of millions of their children. They say it's overbearing, they're being filled with new water and things that kill their babies every day but apparently they can't get in contact with a  lot of their cousins up north and down south made of ice. The sky's dark today, that's never a good sign for us; we could be struck down or soaked. The humans are coming closer again, they've built even smaller red huts next to the red house for their torture machines.

These torture machines are hidden away but when they come out they deafen the world with their cries. When they come out we struggle to protect our children. When they come out we hope and wish to not be the next to become a part of the humans brutal recycling and upcycling rituals. As I write this they're slowly inching closer. Will it be me? Perhaps my brother? I wonder, what will they use our bodies for next? They're slowly walking towards me. Pray for me, under these storming clouds of warning pray to the Gods that these unnatural monsters will stop their torture and let the world go back to the beauty it was before. Pray for the world

________________________________

Hey guys little authors note here, thank you so much for reading! Would really appreciate if you could vote for this story just press the little star :) I'd really appreciate it!
I am new to writing but this was a piece I had written about a year ago now that I have just recently dug back up from the grave in my laptop!

Hope you enjoyed, come again! :)