INTERLUDE: 'PATHWAYS'

|2 WEEKS LATER

--------

"You think you can tell me? Everything?"

"I just don't understand what it's gonna solve though.

"Doesn't have to solve anything. I just need to know"

He shrugged as if he didn't really care.

"Look, I know you don't like talking bout dat shit and I definitely don't ever want to make you again, but you really need to tell me who did that"

"I don't know their names okay. They were just a buncha guys...and it was my fault anyway"

"How the fuck was it your fault?"

"Like how could you say some shit like that?"

My body felt weird and I was beginning to clam up.

He was pissed, and I knew he was already making plans as soon as he got the all the answers he was looking for.

The last thing I wanted was for him to get into any type of trouble because of me and my choices.

A simple car ride, slowly turned into an interrogation it felt like. The beautiful light pink sky and warm air, did nothing to soothe the various bruises that coated my mental, as I gulped slow.

"No, you don't understand...I was wild as fuck back then. Like really crazy"

"Okay...and ain't shit wrong with that. That still doesn't give a nigga the right to hurt you"

"Yeah, I know but you really don't understand"

"So make me...cause I really want too"

There was an anger hidden within his falsified cool tone.

Even after several days, I knew this still bothered him.

I slowly began to regret this.

Gulping hard, I buried my tongue deep in my cheek pocket.

I couldn't bring myself to speak up.

I couldn't find the words.

"So you gone tell me a not?"

He was beginning to get annoyed.

I sighed deeply, but I realized this was my fault. I promised him I'd tell him everything once I was truly ready.

As we took a small road trip, indulging in snacks and drinks, I was feeling good and secure with him at first and made the mistake of telling him I was ready.

I just didn't realize that it would make me feel like this.

"You're starting to get annoyed"