Chapter 1

Tiny Dew Almond Point of View

"- Meow meow eow eow Meoowww!"

"I know but this time we really can't do anything." One of the most annoying frames of sentence knocked me down.

"Mewo Meow?"

"I know you are upset; feeling helpless, feel as if you lost your life path but my friend, this time it is really not in my hands." I heard my best friend, Soul Silver Macquoid, as she sat down beside me with a heavy sigh and patted my back in assurance.

I can see how insincere she sounds right that moment. Those always dim eyes of hers are dimmer when she spoke.

"Why don't you just let it be? Leave it, forget it. It is their loss if they don't accept your good intentions." This is why I love my elder cousin, Quince Grey Almond. He always knew just what to say at the right moment.

Pity, this time it is not working on me.

"Mew Meow Meow Meeewwoo." I sang sadly as I leaned my head on Quince's shoulder and snuggled into arms taking his shirt as my personal tissue to wipe my eyes and nose.

This is so frustrating. Why can't people be more accepting?

Why can't people behave like human?

Why can't people just treat each other well?

Why, why can't people recognize the good intentions of a little girl like me?

It all started a month ago when I got graduated from university as a proud aspiring investment advisor. Fresh graduate, fresh into the market, smelling and glittering like a freshly plucked plum – all sugary and mouth watering, I also aspired to be called one of the best business advisors of the century.

With hope, dreams and passion, I along with best friend Soul and two other classmates, started a small firm. Although our firm has only four employees which are us four friends, we had put all our savings, our knowledge, our intelligence and our luck into it.

With a goal to be the team to help Warren Buffet with his investments in future, I stepped into the society to be the best and not any less.

That was when it happened. A flash discovery while reading the current stocks in the market!

"But, on a serious note, you should stop your helping nature. Let your nature be polluted so we can breathe peacefully." I was jerked back to present when I heard Quince mumble in somewhat defeated manner.

I looked up to glance at his face from his shoulder and found him patting my head affectionately, almost in resignation.

What can I do about it? I have a kind heart. If I see anyone that needs help, then I cannot help myself and just offer my help.

I just cannot see anyone helpless when I can help them overcome their vulnerability. I have a pure soul and great heart.

It's not my fault that God has created me for years to perfection.

"I agree, look where your helping hand got us." Soul remarked to which Quince nodded his head.

"It is alright to help a blind cross the road, a dog to find the right owner, a cat to descend back to the ground from a tree. Why would you put yourself on shelf for something impossible for you? You just go about offering help to those who doesn't need any from you."

"They don't even know you and yet you go to them like a bull on a peace holiday."

"What are you? A pigeon of peace? A Mother Teresa of twenty first century?"