― 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

「 CHAPTER NINETEEN 」

― "SO L/N," COACH Irihata spoke up from among the chaos of the arguing boys. "What do you think?"

"I can tell they're amazing!" You replied with a smile. "The strategies Oikawa-san came up with are astute. I feel they can get through."

At the mention of his name, Oikawa's eyes twinkled as he puffed his chest, receiving praise from you.

"But I think you still need a tad bit of upgrade to your techniques," You added, going into full-on observing mode. "We can use a different method, like Iwaizumi-san's spiking."

"Kindaichi-san's blocking can be used to his full potential with some improvement and tricks. Kunimi-san serving as a decoy would be perfect, though we also need some attack formation."

Everyone was left speechless.

Silence washed over the group as you kept rambling on, coming up with new tips and tricks. You didn't notice everyone's expression until you were done with your speech. 

"I-I'm sorry!" You waved your hands around frantically with your face reddened by embarrassment. "I didn't mean to judge or offend the team's ta-"

A hand slapped over your mouth, preventing you from speaking.

"No, no, L/N," Matsukawa shushed you. "That's perfect! Exactly what we need."

"He right, L/N," Coach Irihata joined. "You are good at observing. It would be helpful for them."

Oikawa smirked as he made his way to you, now towering over you. 

"We could use a new strategist," His eyes shone brightly as if it were the only bright thing in the room. "What do you say, Manager-chan?"

You gulped, quickly nodding. Though it was nothing bad, something about the way Oikawa's eyes gleamed seemed terrifying. Threatening even. It was as if Oikawa had finished his master plan. 

"Great, now everyone, gather round!" The blonde coach called out to the players around the wide gym.

The boys stood in a messy line, facing you. 

The coach gave you a light push, ushering you forward. 

"M-My name is L/N Y/N. I look forward to working with you, please take care of me!" You introduced and finished off with a deep bow.

The team looked at each other before breaking into grins and smiles. 

"Welcome to Aoba Johsai High School Volleyball Team!" Everyone cheerfully shouted with claps and whistles as Iwaizumi presented you your own team jacket.

You blushed hard, out of surprise and happiness. 

"Thank you very much!" You said, this time louder with another deep bow as you clutched onto the white and turquoise patterned jacket.

Everyone cheered once again, some happily exclaiming they now had a manager.

You felt arms wrapping around your body frame. You, somehow, got into a bone-crushing group hug.

Hanamaki ruffled your, now, messy hair as Iwaizumi tried to get him off of you.

"Hey, hey! L/N-chan, try it on!" Kindaichi suddenly exclaimed as he gestured to the piece of clothing in your hands.

"Oh! I bet it'll look good on you!" Yahaba added, Watari agreeing with him.

And so, you put on the jacket. Boy, did that look good on you.

*₊˚──────.♡༉─ ˊˎ-

Eventually, the day came to an end after a few more practice matches.

The team decided to go out somewhere, claiming that they need to celebrate getting a manager.

It did not end well, of course. 

The boys were childishly fighting over who got to sit next to you. 

"I should sit next to our manager!" Oikawa declared.

"And why is that?!" Hanamaki argued back.

"Because I'm L/N-chan's favourite! I'm the best after all!"

A smack landed on the captain's head. With Oikawa bending over after the impact of the hit, Matsukawa now towered over him.

"You bastard," Mattsun said in a dark voice. "Who said that? Of course, I AM THE BEST!"

"Sorry to disappoint, Matsukawa-san," Watari stepped in, proclaiming he's the best.

Now everyone's just fighting over who's the best.

Iwaizumi had to intervene, breaking the fight between the boys.

Kindaichi was awkwardly standing to the side with Kunimi. Whereas Kunimi looked like he wanted to go home but was panicking because he was standing next to you. Like really really close to you.

The seating arrangement was then decided with Iwaizumi sitting next to you, to protect you in case another fight broke out.

Kindaichi sat to your right with Watari next to him. Yahaba was next to Iwaizumi. 

Oikawa was still pouting after he got the seat in front of the beloved Iwa-chan. 

Mattsun and Makki had to be separated or they won't be able to eat as the duo would be playing around, creating chaos.

And at last, the tired-looking Kunimi was seated in front of you. Well, now he didn't have to worry about being next to you. But still, he had to worry about being in front of you.

Dinner was served. It was a very entertaining dinner, with the frenzy of the volleyball team.

It sure is, indeed.

╭────────────.♡..─╮

[ CHAPTER NINETEEN]

COMPLETED! ✔

╰─..♡.────────────╯

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

⎯⎯ ୨ author's note ୧ ⎯⎯

ahh the feeling when you finished
all your homeworks then only to 
realize you still had more

not me staying up late cuz it's a
saturday night

goodnight, hehe :D