15 - The Kiss

The four of you walked with a stride in your steps towards potions. For once you were all on time, a rarity when you were all together. Remus had decided to keep out of potions, he was far too tired and it was probably for the best, especially as Snape was sat only a few inches away and even the sight of that greasy bloke made Remus panic. As long as he was safe that's all you and the boys cared about. What you did forget about was that you now had to endure another hour of Sirius Black by your side to annoy you and after what the two of you had just nearly engaged in you really didn't know what to expect or what he'd say to you. 

Both you and Sirius sat down together, his eyes kept lingering on you. You wanted to yell at him to stop being weird but you weren't sure where those actions would lead you, maybe back to the supply cupboard. Even just thinking about the event made your cheeks flush. The two of you were drunk off one another, each other's scent just engulfing you both. Could the two of you kissed if James didn't find you? Maybe it would have developed into something more. Did you want that? Of course not. He was an asshole. 

"Ah Miss (y/l/n)!" Slughorn strode over to you as you began to pull out your books and quills. "I have something for you." He fished through his pockets and pulled out a letter. "Mr. Black asked me to give you this, he said it really couldn't wait." You knew he meant Regulus, it's not like Sirius would be begging anyone let alone a teacher to give you a letter.

"Thank you, Professor." You smiled, taking the letter in which he was holding out towards you. Sirius was staring at you as if you had killed a family of muggles in front of him, he watched you carefully pry the letter open but you caught onto his glare within seconds. "Do you need something Black?" 

"Just want to know why my brother needs you so urgently." He replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"Is that any of your concern?" Raising your brows, you turned to face him but you were taken back with how close his face was to yours. 

"Your safety is my concern." He replied.

"Just because I've joined your little gang doesn't mean you need to look after me -" 

"I would have looked after you regardless or not." He snapped back, perhaps a little too forcefully.

"Why?" You replied. "Aww, does Sirius Black suddenly care about me?" 

His expression turned dark, a wicked smile shot across his face. "Oh (y/n) ... love you really think I care about you? If my brother wasn't in the picture I wouldn't even give you a second glance." 

And just like that, the flirty Sirius Black who charmed his way into your head had vanished. He was back to his old spiteful ways. At times you honestly believed it was all for show. That he was just putting on an act and one day he'd reveal it all to you but that seemed more unlikely than anything right now.

"So you glance at me more than once?" You decided to play into his anger and annoy him even further. "I mean how couldn't you? It's not like you're able to see beauty when you look into the mirror." A smirk washed upon your face as you picked up your quill and began to write, hiding the letter Regulus had written you. 

"No you're right, when I look in the mirror I just see perfection." He whispered in your ear which only made you chuckle lightly to yourself. 

"Looking at a photo of your brother doesn't count as looking at your reflection."

"He isn't perfect!" 

"He is to me." 

"Do you fancy my brother?" Sirius looked almost offended at your words. 

"He's handsome, definitely the most handsome Black family member."

"And I thought James was blind." Sirius gave up on the matter, turning his attention to his own work but, he kept a keen gaze on the letter which you were slowly opening. Taking a small glimpse at the letter, you could easily make out what it said.