~Chapter 19~

Wendy's pov

I lean into my captor. I know it's stupid and reckless but I can't help it. He seems so sad, so lonely. I know what it's like not to know who you are. I've never taken it as far as peter has and taken someones life.

"Wendy," Peter leans away from me.

"Peter.?"

"We can't be this close to each other."

"What.? Why not.?" I demand.

"Because I'll hurt you. I'm dangerous. I don't want to hurt you," Peter whispers. He speaks as if he is helpless and all I want to do is hug him and tell him everything will be okay.

"If you don't want to hurt me, then don't."

He chuckles, "it's not that simple."

"What's not simple about it.? You've kept me alive so you may as well keep me un injured."

"I wish I could. I've almost killed you so many times."

"Oh thanks good to know you overcame wanting to kill me." I mumble moving away from him.

"See this is what I do. I ruin everything that I could love."

"Could.? are you saying you could love me.?"

"I don't know what that is anymore."

"but I do."

"You could never love a monster." Peter spits.

"No, but I could love you."

Peter stiffens and grabs his head. He closes his eyes and rolls over on the ground. He starts screaming and clenching his brown hair so tightly that some comes out. His face goes pail. I run over to him.

"Peter.!! Peter.!! Look at me, you're okay everything is okay," I put my hand on his face. He stops moving. Without opening his eyes he grabs my wrist painfully cutting off my circulation. "Ow, that hurts."

"Doesn't it darling," his voice sounds different, it sounds dark.

"What just happened.?" I whisper.

"You can't change who I am."

Peter opens his eyes and instead of seeing the usual enchanting forest green, his eyes are black. He is floating in an Empty nothingness.