(15) Our Own Little Doctor

Four Months later,

Bucky was in the middle of surgery, it was two days before Kaya's due date. Kaya had just finished checking in on a post opt. She was making notes on the chart, she made a face as she bent a little. 

"Kaya?" Bobbi said 

"Hey, Bobs." She said through labored breaths. 

"Kay, are you in labor?" Bobbie said 

"No, Ive been having braxton hicks all morning. I had them alot in my kidney...mmm oh transplant on little Katie in room 205. Oh ow..but I'm fine." She said 

They both heard water hitting the floor, they both looked to see the puddle on the floor. 

"You're not fine, your water just broke." Bobbi said as she grabbed a wheelchair. 

She wheeled her to labor and delivery, Sam came into Bucky's OR.

"Hello Dr Wilson can I help you?" Bucky said as he removed a brain tumor. 

"I'm here to take over, Kaya is in labor." He said 

"He means I just had to wheel her to L&D because her water broke." Bobbi said from the viewing area. 

"Fuck, I told her to take the maternity leave." He said as he took off the head gear and left the OR.

He found what room she was in, "hey what the hell happened?" He said 

"Ive been having them all morning, I didn't know they were the real ones." She said as he kissed her. 

Five hours later, 

Kaya was fully dilated, and ready to push. Dr Kaiser came in and got ready for her to start pushing. After four pushes Bucky and Kaya's son was born. 

They laid him on her chest, "Welcome to the world Greyson James." Bucky whispered as tears fell. He and Kaya shared a kiss and took their first family photo.