Chapter Nineteen

Triggers warnings: none

Italics mean the present.

Regular text like this< means past

~ means a Flashbacks

This means phone calls or texting

Phillips POV

My dad is in the hospital currently. I just got home from school but I have to do some shopping first before I could go see him. I changed out of my baseball uniform and slipped on some sweats and a tank top and some necklaces and bracelets I have. George is napping and those naps can last for hours so Andrès and I are going on a grocery run and yes a tank top I have muscles and I look good fight me.

"ANDY." I yell

Then he comes running from downstairs.

"Hi daddyyy." He jumps up and I hold him.

"Hey bub I wanna take you to the store with me." I kiss his forehead

"Okays."

"Did dada try doing your hair today?" I laugh

"Yea it look silly. I liked when you do it."

"I'll do it tomorrow okay?"

"Yayyy."

We walk out the house and lock the door. I put Andy in his car seat and I close the door and get in the drivers seat. I connect my phone to the aux cord and start playing Cardi B the non explicit version of course and start the car.

"Next stop the store!" I laugh and Andy giggles.

Timeskip?

I place Andy down in the cart and we start our journey. I go down the box food isle and start putting some stuff in the cart. Such as, Max and Cheese, Rice and etc.. I put a bag of rice in the basket and some green beans and corn and carrots. I go to the fresh produce section and get broccoli and asparagus and head to the meat section of the store.

"Okay Andrès. Do you want chicken tonight?"

"Mmmm no's I want nuggets!!" He giggles

"I can buy you some Dino nuggets and make that a meal."

"Okays"

"Okay baby." I rub his back

We continue down the isle and end up in the ice cream isle. My favorite ice cream is cookie dough and I ate it everyday when I was pregnant with Andrès and I still eat it everyday. I see the last container left and I go to grab it and I'm met with another hand.

"Oh, hello did you want to last one?" I say to the girl.

She was a tad bit shorter then me and had freckles all over her face just like me kinda and had long curly hair. If my eyes aren't deceiving me I'd say she looked like John.

"Oh no hun' if you'd like the last one you can have it." She said with a thick southern accent.

"Wow your accent.. where are you from?"

"Oh I'm from South Coralina. You know you have quite the accent too."

"Oh heh. My father is from the Caribbean so I kinda picked it up."

"Ahh okay well what's your name." She asked

"Oh My name is Phillip Hamilton and this is my son Andrès he's 4."

"My name is Frances Laurens." She smiled

"Your last name is what?"

"Laurens'?"

"Are related to a John Laurens?"

"Yes why actually that's my father. I came to visit him since I haven't seen him since I was about 8 years old."

"I- um can I have your number?"

"Sure thang'."

She wrote down her number and I left instantly after that.

"WELL IT WAS NICE MEETIN' YOU TOO." She yelled

I walked out the store and put the stuff in the car. I strapped Andrès in his seat and we were on our way home. After I got home I put the stuff up and George walked downstairs to greet me.

"Hey babyboy." He kisses my cheek and put his hands around my waist.

"Hey baby. How was your nap." I turn around and put my hands around his neck.

"It was good but it would've been better if you were there with me." He ran his fingers through my hair.

"Mmm I bet."

"How was the store?"

"The weirdest shit happened. I was in the ice cream isle and this girl she wanted the same ice cream I had and I let her have it."

"Okay baby but that doesn't explain-??"

"Papí listen. She said her name was Frances Laurens."

"Oh shit.."

"Exactly."

"Well what do you wanna do?" He ask while he soothes my hips.

"I think we should confront him..." I mumble

"Okay let's go I'll drive."

"My new car?? Whattt." I giggle.

"Yes come on." He kisses my lips.

Timeskip to the hospital

George stops the car and he gets out and opens the door for me. What a gentlemen. After we both got out I picked up Andrès and we walked into the hospital. We checked in with the nurse and there he is. He looks better from the last time I seen him.

"Hey Dad. How are you feeling."

"O-Oh hey Pip. I'm doing much better." My dad smiled

"Well I actually have something to say." I inhaled.

"What is it." John asked.

"I met a girl today."

"Okay??"

"Her name is Frances."

"Uhhh ummm." He stuttered

"Frances Laurens..."

"J-John you have a c-child?!"

"Where did you see her???" John asked frantic

"At the grocery store." I avoided eye-contact

"J-Jack y-you have a-a kid." Tears started forming in my dads eyes.

"Yes." He said ashamed.

A/N: toodles