Chapter 31: The Truth (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

The enderman nodded. "In a way, yes. I do. Snowchester will offer labor and resources , if you allow us to use the tunnels free of charge."

"Free of charge?"

"Why, yes, Mayor Quackity," Ranboo purred. "Aren't you going to charge a fee to ride your railroad? It would be like a subway station- a diamond per ride."

A sinister smirk formed on Quackity's lips. "Yes...I could, couldn't I?"

"Indeed. And if you opened it to the rest of the server- well, Las Nevadas would surely benefit from the tunnels."

The mayor paused. "Let me get this straight: you're proposing that Las Nevadas and Snowchester work to build a server-wide railroad system."

Ranboo nodded. "And Snowchester would take fifty percent of the profits."

Quackity's features smoothed over into a neutral, businesslike expression. "Not so fast, Ranboo," he warned. "The tunnels are already mined. Las Nevadas has done most of the work, and it should be reflected in our contract."

"We'll take thirty!" Tubbo shouted.

A certain glint danced in the mayor's eyes; he was satisified by the deal. "Done."

Ranboo and Tubbo cheered, giving each other high-fives and a few pats on the back. They'd done it! They'd ended the feud with Las Nevadas!

As the two continued to celenrate, Quackity began to descend from his throne. "If you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I'd like to leave and oversee our joint venture's progress."

But just as Quackity passed the two hybris, Ranboo reached out to grab the mayor's wrist. "Quackity, wait!"

The mayor turned back to face the humanoid, raising his eyebrow in a silent question. "Mayor Quackity, you may want to reconsider checking on the tunnels."

"And why is that?"

"Because there are currently mountains of TNT under every building in Las Nevadas."

The mayor jerked back in shock, wrenching free from the enderman's grasp. "What do you mean 'TNT'?!" he asked, his voice filled with rage. "That brat was only supposed to leave it under-" Quackity's face suddenly dawned with understanding, reaching the same conclusion that Ranboo had: Wilbur had betrayed him.

Ranboo knew the mayor had been working with the Brit, having seen them together in the tunnels. Wilbur had likely been using the underground railroad to spread the explosives across the server, with Ranboo taking care of the dirty work. Based on Quackity's last outburst, Ranboo could assume that the mayor knew about the hoards of TNT, but he hadn't anticpated them to be in Las Nevadas. It was yet another power grab on Wilbur's part: blow up every enemy on the server and start the world fresh. He probably would have succeeded too...

Quackity shook himself out of his daze, clearing his throat as he came back to reality. "Yes, well, I'll take care of it. Thank you, Ranboo. You've been very helpful." The politician gave his ally a firm handshake, and rushed out the building, fully intending to right Wilbur's wrongs.

Ranboo and Tubbo stood at the top of the town hall's steps, watching as the mayor disappeared into the bustling city. "What was that about?" the goat hybrid asked.

All the enderman could do was smile. "Don't worry about it," he said. "Come on. Let's meet up with the other hunters."

Yayyy Snowchester and Las Nevadas are at peace!! What could Ranboo be planning next??

Vote to make sure nothing goes wrong!!

Also we are now officially over 50,000 words!! AHHHHH SO EXCITINGGGG!!!! XDDD

As always, thank you so much for the reads and support!! Ily more than the Beloveds love Snowchester. <333

[Image Credits] "Explosives used for the demolition" (Cropped Slightly) by MONUSCO Photos (https://www

[Image Credits] "Explosives used for the demolition" (Cropped Slightly) by MONUSCO Photos (https://www.flickr.com/photos/monusco/22557405560)