⭒Life in the wild⭒

We collected some facts about wild animals from Youtube and Internet and here's it for you. You may skip the text part and watch only the videos. The more interesting ones are the videos added at the end of this part. Do watch the last video of this part for sure it's a really cool one. Or add to your playlist if you're interested in wild animals.

1. Rusty Spotted Cat

The rusty-spotted cat (Prionailurus rubiginosus) is one of the cat family's smallest members, of which historical records are known only from India and Sri Lanka. In 2012, it was also recorded in the western Terai of Nepal.

It is the smallest wild cat in Asia and rivals the black-footed cat as the world's smallest wild cat. It is 35 to 48 cm (14 to 19 in) in length, with a 15 to 30 cm (5.9 to 11.8 in) tail, and weighs only 0.9 to 1.6 kg. The bushy tail is about half the length of the body.

Very little is known about the ecology and behaviour of the rusty-spotted cat in the wild. Captive ones are mostly nocturnal but also briefly active during the day.

2. Great Horned Owl

The great horned owl (Bubo virginianus), also known as the tiger owl ("winged tiger" or "tiger of the air"), or the hoot owl, is a large owl native to the Americas. It is an extremely adaptable bird.

The great horned owl is the heaviest extant owl in Central and South America and is the second-heaviest owl in North America, after the closely related, but very different-looking snowy owl. It is heavily built, with a barrel-shaped body, a large head, and broad wings. Adult great horned owls range in length from 43 to 64 cm (17 to 25 in), with an average of 55 cm (22 in), and possess a wingspan of 91 to 153 cm.

Here's an interesting video on how stealthy owls are:

3. Harpy Eagle

It is the largest and most powerful raptor found throughout its range, and among the largest extant species of eagles in the world. It usually inhabits tropical lowland rainforests in the upper (emergent) canopy layer. Destruction of its natural habitat has caused it to vanish from many parts of its former range, and it is nearly extirpated from much of Central America. In Brazil, the harpy eagle is also known as royal-hawk.

Harpy eagles possess the largest talons of any living eagle, and have been recorded as lifting prey up to equal their own body weight. This allows them to snatch a live sloth from tree branches, as well as other proportionately huge prey items.

4. The Northern Bald Ibis

It is one of the rarest birds in the world, with less than 250 mature individuals remaining in the wild. For several decades, the Northern Bald Ibis was considered critically endangered, but successful conservation efforts over recent years has helped downgrade the species status to endangered – there are over 1,000 Northern Bald Ibises in captivity. Today, most of the wild population of Northern Bald Ibises live in Morocco with a few possibly left alive in Syria

The Northern Bald Ibis is an ancient bird species with fossils dating to the Holocene (c.10,000 years ago), middle Pleistocene (c. 900,000 years ago), and even as far back as Pliocene-Pleistocene boundary (c. 1.8 million years ago)

5. Snow Leopards

Known throughout the world for its beautiful fur and elusive behavior, the endangered snow leopard (Panthera uncia) is found in the rugged mountains of Central Asia.
S

now leopards are perfectly adapted to the cold, barren landscape of their high-altitude home, but human threats have created an uncertain future for the cats. Despite a range of over 2 million km2, scientist estimate that there may only be between 3,920 and 6,390 snow leopards left in the wild. They're not known to be aggressive toward humans.

Below are some interesting videos which you might like to watch in your free time you may add to your watch later as well if u wanna see later :D

Trigger warning: Might contain survival stuffs, predator vs prey, scary details of terrifying animals.

• 18 Amazing Creatures that can make you skip your heartbeat

• Ways to Survive a wild animal attack

• What if you were a bee and entered the honeycomb?

• 10 unusual animals in the world

• Dolphin Facts

• Wild animals who saved lives of humans

• Let's explore the deepest parts of oceans!! (must watch)