Aftermath | 14

The Next Day... 

I started to wake up slowly to nothing in particular. 

My eyes squinted open and I was immediately blinded by the bright sun peeking through the blinds. I rubbed my eyes before opening them again. I managed to adjust to the light this time. 

I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that there was only five minutes before the alarm was supposed to go off. 

I got up on my forearms and looked to my right. Jace was asleep on his back, his head turned to me. I could see the hickeys on his neck and abs from last night. 

Looking at me reminded me of the realization I came to last night.

I couldn't believe I actually fell for him.. and so fucking hard too.. I was so disappointed in myself. How could I let myself fall for him? I knew of his antics but I still let it happen.

Last night though.. I didn't regret any of that. Like I said, that was our moment, whether we had feelings for each other or not. It was bound to happen. 

I was in big trouble now though.. I literally expected for him to treat me no different today. There wasn't a reason for me to expect otherwise. He warned me of his trap but I fell for it anyway.. I knew that there would be no relationship between him and I that would come from last night. There was no way that would happen.

Jace didn't do relationships.. and he didn't catch feelings for girls.

Before I knew it, Jace's alarm started to go off on his phone. I laid back down properly. Only a few short seconds later, he started to shift a bit. He groaned quietly, quickly shutting off the alarm while keeping his eyes closed. Both of his hands went over his face briefly. He pushed back his messy blonde hair. 

Eventually, he squinted his eyes open and looked over at me. I looked back at him. 

Yup, definitely had feelings for him now..

"Good morning.." Jace mumbled very tiredly, his voice raspy and quiet. "Good morning.." I said back quietly and with a small smile. "I should probably head back now so I have time to get ready.." I told him, still speaking quietly. He nodded.

Both of us stretched a bit before sitting up. Jace was just about to stand up until he quickly stopped himself.

"What's all this?" Jace spoke up, looking down. I looked over at him. I smiled when seeing that he was looking at the gifts I brought for him yesterday. I completely forgot about those. "Oh, uh, I initially came here yesterday to give you and June a present." I told him with a smile. He looked back at me. "Really?" Jace seemed surprised but had a hint of a smile on his face. "Obviously. Open it." I said back with a small chuckle.

I saw his smile grow big as he reached down and grabbed the gifts. My smile grew as I saw his since he looked adorable. 

Placing the gift bag aside for now, he looked at the small bouquet of lavenders. His smile softened as he looked down at them, his fingertips running very lightly over a few of them. 

"Wow. These are really pretty, Angel. Thank you." Jace said a little bit more quietly, looking over at me as he thanked me. My smile grew and I nodded a little bit in response. 

Jace placed the flowers down then grabbed the gift bag. He took out the decorative tissue paper on the top then pulled out the box. His eyes widened right away as he looked down at the shoebox and I giggled.

"No way. Are you serious?!" Jace spoke up sounding and looking shocked but also with a smile on his face before even opening the box. "Open it." I said while laughing.