Twenty-Four

A month later...

Yoo Taeyang POV:

Things didn't turn out the way Ara and I wanted to. Though we expected our Instagram Live to help us, it made the situation worse on the contrary.

People started asking as to how and why I was at Ara's house for the IG live and my fans were making YouTube shorts of how "cute" it was the way I pulled her closer to the camera. Ah! Damn it!

And worst of it all, Michael informed me that Brooklyn is soon to be engaged to Emer, her childhood friend. He also informed me that Brooklyn is hesitating to make this announcement official and that I haven't got much time left if I need my Brooklyn back.

"Isn't there any way to get over all of this?" I asked Ara as I, Ara and Nikki were sitting under the shade of a tree at Ara's college campus.

"I've got no other way in our mind. People are shipping us and some say that they are expecting our first public kiss." Ara said in disgust.

She was not exaggerating when she said this. Even I'm a social media user and ever since I accidentally followed her on IG, I've been seeing such messages almost every day. Some say: "If not a kiss, at least make it official #Taeara ❤"

"I hope that the both of you saw the hashtag trending on Twitter now." Nikki broke in.

"What?" Both of us asked in unison.

"Look," She handed over her phone to us and duh! On Trending No. 1 was #TaeyangWedsAra. On No. 2 was #TaeyangLovesAra, followed by #Taeara.

"Fanfictions with #Taeara are trending online worldwide." Nikki continued to inform.

"Wow!" I said, face-palming myself. Ara looked so embarrassed.

"Omo! Look who is here! Ara and her boyfriend!!!" A deep male voice boomed in. I looked at Ara and she threw a look of disdain to the owner of the voice.

"What the hell do you want?! Just shut up and get lost!" Ara shouted back. Wow! That was the first time I saw her being angry.

Soon enough, not to my surprise, a huge number of students gathered around to see the scenario. And guess what! The majority of their eyes popped out as they saw me with Ara.

"See guys! Your innocent girl is hanging out with most of your's ideal man - Yoo Taeyang!" The guy announced. Several girls sniffed and scorned with jealousy flowing all over their bodies.

"ARA!!! HE IS NOT YOURS! HE IS NOT YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY. YOU CANNOT HAVE HIM. AND TAEYANG! WE WILL NEVER SUPPORT YOU IF YOU MAKE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH ARA OFFICIAL!!!" A girl shouted from amidst the crowd of students.

"Wow! Do you all think that I'm dating Taeyang! Bro!" Ara laughed out and continued, "Just come out of your delusions. This ain't happening now. Wait now?! Sorry, this is not gonna happen any time in my life. Do you think that I'm desperate to be in a relationship with Taeyang? No! Never." She spoke out.

"You're playing in front of us. We all know that you both are dating!" Another girl shouted.

And yeah, I couldn't control my anger any longer.

"Ara! You don't owe them any explanation. Come with me." With that, I held her hand and walked to my car, followed by Nikki.

I heard many cries of shock, astonishment, surprise and disagreement but I didn't even care about it.