pay backs a bitch | 14.

The car came to a stop and the boys got out of the car to come open the door and help us out

The car came to a stop and the boys got out of the car to come open the door and help us out. I was surprised to see that the casino was being held inside an actual elegant building.

I thought it would be in the clubhouse.

no offense to them, lol.

"C'mon follow me." He grabbed my hand and I followed him as we split off from Travis and April.

We walked over to one of the Russian roulette tables. I could tell most of the guys standing around the table were members from the clubhouse by the way that they greeted him.

He grabbed my hand and lightly squeezed it pulling me in front of him. I smiled awkwardly at them. I don't know why but I was so nervous.

They were all staring hard. Like they were trying to over analyze me.

"This is Simone. She's uh," he looked down at me and grinned, scratching the back of his neck with his free hand. "My girlfriend."

"Way to go, Ri." One of the older guys exclaimed loudly while slapping him on the back, making him smile widely.

My face heated up a bit and I kept looking around trying to avoid eye contact.

"Simone this is Lars. Club President."

He grinned at me, a silver tooth showing. He stuck his hand out for me to shake and I shook it.

"Alright, I'll be back over later. I'm gonna take pretty to go get a drink over at the bar."

"So girlfriend, huh?" I question once we get to the bar.

He shakes his head while chuckling. He pulled the bar stool out for me and I sat down.

"What drink do you want?" He tries to change the subject with that sweet southern drawl of his.

I roll my eyes. "You're not slick Ari Casey Hendrix."

"Whoa." He put his hands up in a playful manner. "Watch out with the full government name. We don't know whose around here." He joked.

I laugh to the point that I felt like I couldn't breathe. It was to the point that my laugh was contagious and he joined in, too.

whole time the joke wasn't even that funny

The bartender sat a glass of champagne in front of me and a beer in front of Ari.

While our laughing was dying down, April was walking over towards us. She sat down, taking the empty seat next to me.

"I have to tell you something." She whispered in my ear.

"What?"

She looked over at Ari and gestured with her eyes that she couldn't tell me around him.

"We'll be back we're going to the bathroom." I stand up from my seat, taking the last swig of my champagne.