Chapter 14

This book is nearly top 10 in 'interesting' out of 18.5K books. Two words: Holy Crap. How the hell did that happen. Anyways it's rn in #13 place. I wouldn't mind getting into top 10. Just saying,😃

Enjoy this chapter!!!

1 August

1900 hours

Erica's POV

I was waiting with the rest of my team and Jessica in the waiting room. No doctors came to inform us on Ben's condition yet. The sun was setting, we emerged from SPYDER's base and came here during midday, it's nearly been 5 hours and still no word. 

The only person who wasn't here was grandpa, he said he that sitting here and waiting for news was a waste of time, time that could be used for other things. He went to scout out the building SPYDER was holed up in because he said we would need to go back in, I was invited but I didn't want to leave Ben. Mom didn't go for the same reason.

SPYDER. Just thinking about them made my blood boil. I despised them before, but now I hate them for what they did to all of us, to Ben. His pulse was already unstable when the doctors put him on that medical bed and rolled him to one of their operating rooms. 

Everyone was sitting down, all but me. I couldn't because I was too worried and restless. I didn't show that on my face though, I kept that in my head, instead, I had my 'ice queen' mask on. SPYDER had us captured for a little over a day before the rest of the team rescued us. 

Mom told me how they did it. First, she climbed down the building once she saw that we got captured. She went back to mission control and explained everything to grandpa, he called everyone back and they formed a plan. At night, they infiltrated the resort to look for clues. They found none, they went back to the hotel, defeated. When her phone lit up, she checked it and saw that one of us had our tracker on. 

They went to the place where the trackers signal led and spent 2 hours planning their break in plan. Eventually, they just went in and there was nobody there. They found us and the rest I already knew.

As I was buried in my thoughts, a person whom I assumed was a nurse, judging by the way she dressed, walked up to us with a clipboard in hand. "The patient is stable," she said in perfect English. We all let out a sigh of relief. "The patient is not awake right now, but you are allowed to visit him. Only one person at a time though." She continued.

Without thinking, I immediately spluttered out, "I want to go first." That got me a few smiles from mom, dad, Mike and... Zoe? Confused looks from Jawa and Chip. And a glare from Jessica. Whatever.

"I want to go first," I repeated, although this time I put some force into my words, daring anyone to make fun of me. They didn't, thankfully. I let the nurse bring me to the room Ben was temporarily staying in.

"You have 15 minutes," she said and then walked out of the room, closing the door and leaving us alone. 

I set my eyes on Ben and he looked horrible. I mean he was still cute and he had his shirt off, but I couldn't even see his chest (not that I wanted to) because it was wrapped in so much bandage and medical tape, it basically covered every part of his skin.

He would have tons of scars once all the injury's got better. I don't know how long I was staring at him, eventually, I just couldn't help myself, I needed some way to relive my stress, plus we were alone and Ben was asleep. I leaned down to kiss him and.....

Suddenly the door burst open to reveal my mom standing there, and behind her, everyone else. I jumped back from Ben. Everyone was staring at me. I didn't know how they got the jump on me. Most probably, I was to immersed in my thoughts to notice anything going on around me.  Finally, mom grinned a mischievous smile. "Were you just about to kiss him?" She asked. I was sure my face was bright red by now. I shook my head and tried to think of a reply, I thought of one, but it was a weak one. Screw it.