Chapter 1 ~ Halloween gets a new meaning

PSA: We do not own any of Original Harry Potter characters or the main story plotline, those are all from the Harry Potter books and or movies and are owned by J.K. Rowling.

AN: Ahhhhh! We are so excited to officially post our first chapter on Halloween 2021 (10-31-21). I know, we are so cool we timed it that way 😏 .  We hope you enjoy, and let us know if you have any questions, suggestions, ect. On with the story!

❾¾ ϟ ⚯ 𐂂 𓅓𓆙------------------------------------------------❾¾ ϟ ⚯ 𐂂 𓅓𓆙

Setting: Black family home

Halloween 1981

         The night was quiet, like any other. The moon shone brightly over the dimly lit streets of Godric's Hollow , with a small breeze blowing through the trees. There was a chill to the air, sure that is normal given it was the end of October, but it felt disconcerting. Something was different that All Hallows Eve, different from any other. Everyone was tense and uneasy, even the muggles who were oblivious to the raging war, knew something was different. Something was going to happen, something big, but no one knew what.

        "Marlene, Marlene!" Sirius screamed as he sprinted down the brick paved road. She had to be okay, she just had too, his wife, and his little girl! He knew he should have done more, if only there had been more time! Poor Harry, he thought, oh why was life so unfair! Tears streamed down Sirius' face as he neared the door. He killed them! Peter! How could this have happened?! After all this time, Peter would be the one to rat them out, how could he have done this to them, to him, to Lily and James! Oh the faces of Lily and James, he would never get those images out of his head, poor Harry. "Marlene!" He screamed again as he reached for the door. It felt like his heart was beating a thousand times a minute, if only he wouldn't have installed those anti-apparition wards he thought. He opened the door with a BANG and stormed into the house. "Marlene! Marlene!" Wand at the ready he looked through the first few rooms of what used to be his home, there was broken glass and bits of everything all over the floor. "Marlene!" He screamed again.

        "In here dear cousin." His heart dropped, the hair on the back of his neck stood up. He knew that voice. How could he forget that voice? The high pitched tone of insanity was not easily forgotten. Bellatrix.

       "What are you doing here?" Sirius said, though he could barely speak. He knew what she was doing there, he just didn't want to believe it.

        "Oh me, I'm just cleaning up your mess, covering my tracks and making it look like you killed your wife." She said with a cackle. She smirked and gestured towards a pile of rubble a little ways away.

         "There is nothi-" Sirius then turns and looks closer, he then sees the body. The body of his love, his whole world, there, Marlene Elizabeth Mckinnon Black, laid dead in front of the fireplace. Sirius' face dropped, he quickly paled, his whole world had just been rocked. It was like all time stopped, he had already gone through the death of his closest friends, and now his wife as well, all in one night.

         "I want to make sure you end up in Azkaban, I wouldn't want Peter to take the fall for your crimes would I?" The utterly insane witch said with such joy, it made Sirius fume. He then raised his wand at Bellatrix, full of a mix of emotions, the strongest being hate, rage, and sadness.

        "Oh Sirius, put your wand down, it's all over."

         "You're right it is, for you, your precious Dark Lord is dead."

          "Stupify!"

             Bellatrix then fell to the floor with a loud thud which echoed throughout the house. He lowered his wand, exhausted in more ways than one. He then turned back to Marlene, where she laid still near the fireplace.