v. over the moon

moonwashed [ 05 ]

over the moon.
to be very happy.

The beach looked a lot beautiful whenever it's on the night of the Moonbeam Festival

Nakaupo si Amaris sa may dalampasigan habang nakatanaw sa dagat. The cold, freezing water reaching her feet was tickling her, and yet she continued to stand there, breathing in the festival air. She was wearing a white dress and she wondered if Mizuki would wear a blue dress . . .

Pumikit siya saglit saka inalala ang oras na kasama niya si Mizuki isang gabi sa mismong pwesto na 'yon. Her face. Her voice over the sound of the waves reaching for them each second. Her hair. Her.

And then she smiled.

The morning Maris went to fetch her friend, she was hit by a car. Hindi naman siya napaano. Nagasgasan lang siya nang kaunti sa ulo saka sa paa kaya hindi siya masyadong makapaglakad nang maayos. It was extremely frustrating on her part, especially because she had told Mizuki that she was gonna eat lunch with her, and she was really looking forward to it. She turned on her bed over and over, imagining Mizuki waiting on the school garden alone . . . kung sana ay may ibang paraan para ma-contact ito, nagawa na niya.

Her friends could be an option, but they did not even bother to visit her at least once. The time she spent alone in her room with a bandage on her head was enough to realize that she didn't need those friends anymore.

As she stood on the seaside, a pack of moonflower seeds was in her hand. Napatingin siya saglit dito. She wondered if Mizuki knew how to take care of flowers — she looked like the type of girl who could — and she thought that maybe they could even grow one together. She smiled at the thought of that, but when she caught herself thinking about her for the nth time that day, she slapped her own cheek.

In their town, giving moonflower seeds as a present to someone means an offering of a relationship because of one's feeling of adoration. Sa parte niya, dahil mayro'n pa ring bahagyang takot na nasa kanya, gusto niyang ibigay ito para sa pagkakaibigan lang.

Amaris didn't know if that would still be the case once she saw Mizuki again.

Without thinking, her head turned around. Tumingin siya sa may lighthouse . . . at doon, nakita niya ang babaeng ilang araw nang nasa isip niya. She was wearing a blue dress, as she thought. Her hands were on the railing, and her eyes were looking up the skies.

She's so beautiful, she thought. Napakapit siya sa bestida niya. Bumilis ang tibok ng puso niya . She's so beautiful, she thought again, and she meant that so much that she could cry and scream about it. Mizuki was the prettiest girl she'd ever seen and she wanted to hold her hand and claim it as hers.