Chapter 17 : 'Heartless' Hacker

[Spandan's POV]

I got up. My back hurt, probably multiple fractures. But I knew I couldn't back out now. I saw Vedant and Kris fighting each other. But this time, it was Vedant who seemed overpowering the other. But Hacker was still invincible somehow. I turned to the system again. The drivers were nowhere to be found but it was all still yellow, indicating that Hacker was still in control.

He had locked the system too, I figured out. I couldn't do anything. I felt like crying. That's when I heard a static sound.. SCREECHHH… SPPAANN… DANNNN…

"...Spandan…", I heard it clearly this time. The voice seemed familiar..
"Mrunalini ?!", I gasped as I looked around.

I turned back, it was an infrared radiation.. it was her. Mrunalini. It was a colour like red but not exactly red too. How could this be possible ?

"Spandan, we don't have much time

"Spandan, we don't have much time.. I just want you to know that I know you can do this. Believe in yourself. You've always come up with the brightest ideas when the people need you. Nothing is impossible for you Spandan..", she said.

"This is just a hallucination. You're in my mind", I clutched my head.
"No. I'm here because of you. It's because you can see me, feel me. You've done the impossible Spandan. It's time you do it again..", with that her voice cracked again. "My Love.. will.. always be there.. with you.."

She diminished instantly. Mrunalini..
She was right. I had to believe in myself. I could come up with bright ideas. However crazy it sounded.

Vibration.. I hadn't used that ability yet. I phased my hands through the system input board and clutched some random connections. It wasn't the best idea, but yeah it was the 'brightest'.

ACCESS GRANTED - the screen displayed.
"It actually worked !", I shouted out of joy. I found a bunch of black drivers lying around. I figured it out that they were the original drivers that went into the ports. I restored them one by one.

The Infinity gate chamber restarted. It turned blue again.
The phoenix fighter glowed blue now, as his armour reappeared.
"Uh oh", Hacker tried to run away but Vedant blasted him off.

"You know the rule right ?", Vedant turned to me.
"He's the intruder, and he deserves a punishment", I grinned.
"Great, I'll go find Satvar and the others."

"I'm in the space network right now, that means I still have the ability to teleport. We're the same", Hacker warned.
"I don't think that's entirely true..", I said as I charged towards him.

"You are just a mere human being with no destiny", he hissed as he blocked my attack.
"That's where you are wrong, asshole. I'm the Frequen, the ruler of space. And there's one ability of mine that you don't have..", I said as I went for him again.

He started to teleport, I too followed his lead. I knew where he was going to travel. I could perceive his brain's electromagnetic radiation. We both teleported to a desert like place in split second. But before he could land, I vibrated myself and jumped on him. I phased myself through his body and took out his heart.

The 'heartless' Hacker's body fell down to the earth instantaneously.

"You deserved this", I remarked as I looked at my blood smeared hand.

Hi everyone ! I hope you are doing fine.
Here's your phoenix_fighter7 ready to tell you that there's a next chapter coming tomorrow. Make sure you add this book to your library to get updates before everyone.
Please vote and comment. It really helps the story to get a major audience and also motivates me.

Thank you !