Chapter 96

Doe's POV:

Alright... I think we got everything put together.

We'd spent the day going through basically all of our belongings and deciding what we wanted to bring.

By that I mean we procrastinated till the dead of night to even start.

I got caught up in some of that book on top of asking him every question that came to mind about his territory, even knowing that by this time tomorrow, half of them would be answered.

It was exciting and daunting all at once but I couldn't wait.

My only real concern was the whole 'me moving into my own place' thing, but knowing that it wasn't an immediate goal helped me calm down.

And the way he happily answered everything with a jovial, nostalgic smile had me wishing that this would all happen faster.

I looked down onto the couch I stood in front of, going over what we'd decided to bring once again.

The case of his violin sat on top of the case of my guitar, the purple tote bag he'd gotten to hold all of the music books leaning against both.

Beside that was a bag that I'd filled with a few items of clothing I wanted to keep, some documents, and the book he'd recommended. I'd also laid out the clothes I wanted to wear tomorrow on the side.

As for things Xander wanted to take... well, there was absolutely nothing but his violin.

I guess when you're a prince, all you could ever need could be found where we were going.

I spun to spot him on the other side of the room leaning over his desk to check over the list he'd made of things to do before we left tomorrow.

Whether that be things to do to the room, the documents he needed to take with him, or the list of things to bring he made for me.

His arms held straight against the edge of the table to hold him up, hands twisted to where his palms laid flat against the wood, and his fingers curled against the edge and down to the underside of it.

His hair was being kept back by the same thin headband I'd offered him a few days prior, a few misbehaving strands already escaping, hanging forward, and getting ignored by him as they always did.

I could see a fang peeking out and pressing against his lower lip as he read and thought over everything on the page.

My eyes trailed downwards to his odd outfit.

I would barely even consider it functional clothing.

Although for loungewear, I guess there's no reason for it to be.

It was sleeveless just like most of the clothes he's decided to wear to bed lately, except the holes for the sleeves had been cut all the way down to the top of his hips, exposing everything that hid underneath.

Well, you couldn't really see it unless you were explicitly looking for it... Which I was.

Guilty...

I brought my eyes back up, noticing that the position of his arms was very clearly showing the distinction of the muscles that resided there.

And then even further into what I could see of his shoulder down into the exposed side of his waist.

Damn... I mean- what?!

I turned back around, feeling an interestingly strong exhale leave me followed by my heartbeat rising into my throat.