X. brew of honesty

A/N:

this chapter is a little tense. also, we have only two chapters more excluding the epilogue. thank you for reading x

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

BREW OF HONESTY
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"WILL YOU DO THIS RIGHT?" Airaa asked Zim. She had her arm on the brown package which contained three vials of potion.

"I'll make sure no one sees me. I'll write the address of the recipient with the room number and warn the hostel lady to deliver it carefully. I won't misuse the passwords to the lockers once I'm done with delivering the package. I won't get carried away in the men's locker room, which is an unnecessary precaution by the way," Zim deadpanned.

"Trust me, for you it's very much needed."

Zim snorted and took the package from her hands. "Why aren't you doing this yourself anyway?"

"That's none of your business," Airaa said, going through her bag. After a few seconds, she paused and explained,"Jasper was busy with college and I was busy with making arrangements to move. We haven't spoken to each other all day. He offered to help me shop for groceries and drop me at my house."

"You two are in love, clearly. Why do you have to move?" The college girl asked. Airaa's heart flinched in guilt.

She cleared her throat. "There are three vials in there. I have texted you the details of each buyer. Ensure that they receive it."

Zim sighed, "Okay."

Airaa glanced at her because of the lengthy silence that followed. The younger girl's hands were pressed together, kneading in hesitation. She bit her lip and looked down.

"Out with it, Zim. Come on, I just told you I don't have time," Airaa said, clapping the table twice to get her attention.

"How many more vials do you have?" Zim asked.

"There are three in my bag for the two others from Westview high school and one from Highland Institute. Two more are at home, the potion should have been settled by today."

"Um, are the two at home booked?"

"Yeah, by two teens in high school. Why?"

Zim shook her head immediately and plastered a smile on her face. "No reason. Just... for general knowledge," she said.

Airaa narrowed her eyes on the girl. She could tell what Zim wanted just from her behaviour but Zim could ask for what she wanted herself. She was no baby and Airaa was no parent to play the guessing game.

"Okay, then. I'm leaving. Be careful with the packages and text me when you're done," Airaa stood up and turned to leave.

"Wait, Airaa! Um, can you let me know if there's any extra potion? By any chance?"

Airaa hid a smile. "Hmm, okay sure. That won't be a problem. Goodbye, then," she said and walked out of the cafe.

Sturdy hands wrapped around her waist and spun her around. Jasper's lips were on hers the next second. Airaa hummed into his mouth and smiled against his lips. "How was your day?"

Jasper's fingers traced lines along the waistline of her pants. "Hmm, good. I just missed you," he whispered, swooping down to steal a quick kiss from her again.