Chapter 7

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱 - 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: 𝗡𝗼𝗻𝗲

Lyra sat against the headboard of her bed, 'Pride and Prejudice' lay within her lap as her eyes scanned amongst each word. She was halfway through chapter 16 when a light knock came from her window, also inaudible. Lyra curiously closed the book and placed it on her bedside table, she heard another knock come from the window and she got up to lift her curtains.

Peter Parker was sitting in front of her window with a smile, glancing up into her eyes. Lyra gently lifted the windowsill open and stared at the boy in slight shock.

"Hi." She said still in disbelief, Peter watched as a smile grew on her face causing him to let out a big toothy grin. "How did you get up here?"

"The...ugh, fire escape." He said nodding his head up and down. "Your door man's intimidating."

Lyra then laughed slightly, standing aside and watching as the boy crawled through her window. Peter now stood up fully, the smile not leaving his face.

"It's 27 stories..." Lyra trailed off as she watched the boy nod.

"Yeh, ugh, it's alright." He nodded.

Lyra nodded along with him before muttering, "I could've waited outside for you if you'd like, really Luke, the man at the door, it quite nice anyway."

"Oh, no-no. It was fine." Peter waved off before he suddenly realised something. "Oh, hey, uh...I got you these."

Lyra watched as he sling the backpack off his arm and reach into it, grabbing a small bouquet of beautiful flowers which wrapped tightly in his grip. The boy looked down at the flowers with her, taking in the broken stems of some of them. He shook his head in disappointment as some of the flowers flopped downwards and multiple petals broke and fell to the floor. Peter sadly averted his eyes from hers to stare at his feet in shame and embarrassment.

"Oh," Lyra said looking at them. "Oh, they're lovely."

"Uh, yeh, they...uh, are beautiful. Right?" Peter stuttered slightly, with a small defeated sigh.

"They're beautiful," She nodded her head, smiling slightly.

"They were nice," Peter said with a growing smile, lowering his head to hide his pink flushed face in the bouquet, hoping to decrease the embarrassment.

(I swear this scene was so cute.)

"They're truly beautiful, Peter," Lyra said.

"I'm sorry." The boy sighed an apology, his words mumbled from his face still hidden in the flowers.

Lyra reached forwards to grab his hand, lowering the bouquet away from his face. "Peter," she smiled as his brown, doe eyes stared up at her. "They're. Beautiful. It's quite impressive actually, that they held together that well."

That seemed to bring some comfort to the boy as he grinned slightly, his lips tugging upwards. Lyra then took the flowers away from Peter and placed them in a vase, amongst the other flowers she had sitting on her desk. The boy smiled as he watched them sit peacefully in her room.

Her eyes then travelled down to his open bag on the floor as she returned by his side, the backpack revealed most of the contents in the bag, except for some red and blue clothing which was hidden right at the bottom of it.

"Is that your suit?" Lyra questioned as she eyes Peter in confusion. The boy's eyes whipped at her in shock as he fumbled on his words. The voices in his head were freaking out, 'How does she know? When did she find out? What does she think about it?.

"Like for dinner, are you going to be wearing that?" She confirmed as she saw a panicked look on the boys face. She didn't mind that he didn't wear anything professional but she did wonder what her brother would think.

Before Peter could answer, the door creaked open and Alex poked his head through it. Alex opened his mouth to talk when he caught sight of Peter standing directly in front of her.

"Hey, Lyra..." Alex asked longingly as his hand dropped from the doorknob, now his body walking directly into the room, stopping not too far away from the door. His previous soft eyes now turning dull as he glared at the young boy, not expertly him to be in his younger sisters room.

"Why is there a boy standing in your room?" Alex questioned, still glaring at Peter, who seemed to have shrunk under the older boys glare, causing a triumphant smile to appear on Alex's face.

"Alex, this is my friend Peter. I told you he was coming over for dinner," Lyra said, glaring at her brother before turning to gesture to Peter. "Peter, that's my brother Alex, he is probably more intimidating than my doorman so beware." She warned the boy.

Peter continued to stare at the older Smith brother before walking over to him. "Yeh, um, nice to meet you. I've heard a lot of things about you."

"All good things I hope," Alex replied looking over the boy's shoulder at his younger sister. "But, nice to meet you too."

"Dinners ready," Alex added on, watching as Peter quickly walked back to Lyra's side with a slightly panicked face.

"Alright, we'll be down in a minute." Lyra dismissed her brother, watching as he slowly walked out the door, him still looking warningly at Peter. "And learn how to knock."

Lyra sigh as she shook her head with a slight smile as she heard the door close fully, her brother seemed to be pretty cautious about this thing only making her shake her head once more.

She looked up and caught Peter's eye once more, him giving her a lopsided grin while shrugging his shoulders.

☘︎︎

An:

I'm making my chapters shorter so I can post more often, I'm doing y'all a favour since you probably wouldn't of got this chapter until like, next week.