10

Ligaya's POV

"You didn't tell me you were coming," said Ate Valeria, the friend of my sister here in Manila.

"It just happened, Ate. I didn't even know I will spend a week in here," I answered. My sister, Amara, went to a meeting together with her husband that is why I went to Ate Valeria. I also miss her so I made sure to visit her.

"I should've prepared a gift for you to bring but I wasn't informed. I'm sorry," I also treat Ate Valeria like my old sister because she is so caring to me and she said that she wanted to have a baby sister, since she doesn't have one. She's the only child.

We talked so much about our life since we have so much to catch up. It's been a year since we last met, in the wedding. And in the span of a year, many things happened that we wanted to share to each other.

"Is he handsome?" I asked in curiosity. She was sharing about her first love. The General in their team. She is a nurse but at the same time, she's taking education, she wanted to teach children in school for free.

She is one of my role models. She always thinks of others, she wanted to share the opportunity and learnings she has to other people. Ate Valeria is very nice, good enough to become a saint.

I saw her cheeks turned red when I asked that question. "A little bit?" she chuckled.

"A little bit? You mean, very handsome? Never thought a Valeria Panlilio would be hit this hard. Is he also nice like you, Ate?" but for real, no man deserves her since she is so nice to the point she could give her all, I don't want to see her suffer. But if this man is a nice guy, he better treat her right because no woman deserves to be treated bad, specially my Ate Valeria.

I saw her covering her mouth for me not to see she was giggling. She is indeed in love with him. I asked her when I will have the chance to see him, and she told me to go with her next week at their camp for me to see. "Your Ate Amara told me you are getting married before the end of the year. Did you already have a talk with the guy?" she asked.

That question doesn't remind me of the son of Agustin, but Isabella.

What is she doing now?

Does she know that I am here?

Or she still doesn't care about me at all?

Does she think of me?

Or was I no one to her?

Those questions keep bothering me. I wanted to control my feelings for I know this won't help me. We won't end up together, I need to marry his brother. And this feeling, I hope this won't last. I'm afraid.

"Ligaya?" Ate Valeria called me.

"Huh? Uh- No, but we will. I guess. In a month or two. He's not in their home since he is serving in military," I explained.

I saw her nod. "Oh, really? Do you know where? Maybe he's here, I'll ask Marcus if he knows," she suggested.

I don't even know the name of their son. "I don't know, Ate. They just said it was somewhere far away, maybe not here. Also, it's just a month, we will meet. I'll tell you how he is,"

"He better treat you right,"

As he should.