029| Scary Equals Hot

I hated penguins when I was younger.

They were funny looking wobbly things, bobbing from side to side with the sole intention of walking. That's how they had to walk, maybe in 100,000 years penguins won't exist, but neither will I.

I'm 22, sorta married with a small child, on the verge of murder. Not on the verge, I've dabbled in the subject but I was more so seeking revenge.

I think if I was to approach my penguin hating foster kid self now and tell her about the things I've seen, the people I've met, she'd be shocked. I've seen funnier looking things than penguins so, I may give 4 year old me a premature heart attack. I like the idea of seeing my younger self, she'd be horrified at the person I've become but honour the person I aspire to be. I want to do it all, save the day and live and mother and everything else, but is that possible? Can you really be everyone you've ever wanted to be in such a short lifetime? I did it, but then I'm not exactly normal. But I did it. So what's left?

"Can this plane do a stealth mode type thing?" Katy asked as we landed back home.

"Yeah, me and a buddy designed it.." I said, stepping up and signalling the two people in the back of the ship to move on, Loki and Shuri had the biggest headaches from this flight.

Katy linked back to Shang, whispering to him.

"I am so scared of her, like so scared. But she's hot so does scary equal hot?" She asked him.

"The worlds gonna end and you wanna know if scary equals hot?" He really questioned her.

"Well Shakespeare didn't write about scary hot people, he's the love buddy with all the answers! I mean, your sisters hot so, maybe I have my answer.." She cut ahead of Shang, leaving him scarred. Not that in a scared equals hot way.

The group regained its group status in my ships meeting room, Omar and Fluer were already home and Wanda stood in their back briefly speaking with Shuri who refused to take sides on our relationship issues. I didn't want her to, that's between Wanda and I. Bucky and Nat had gathered as well, I requested a small group to catch up on those missing, although some were yet to arrive.

"I made a call last night, three more people on their way to see us and help the fight. We can start when they want to show up.." I explained to those patiently waiting.

"Hi, I'm Katy.." The girl was saying to everyone that walked by, nudging to Shang at the group of people she was in the same room as.

"You can calm down, they're all regular people.." Shang tried to relax her.

"The greasy one's a god, a god, Shang.." She caught Lokis attention with that comment.

"Oh you and Y/N shall be excellent friends.." Loki remarked, rolling their eyes at her 'joke'.

Fashionably late, a group of three of my relatives arrived in, guns in hand and suits on, ready for war.

"Your about six months too early with that get up.." I laughed at them.

"It was Alexei's idea for style purposes.." Yelena tutted, approaching me, "It is good to see you, we missed you.."

"I missed you too, aunt Yelena. Alexei, how are you!" I smiled at him, receiving a bear sized squeeze.

"My granddaughter has returned! I kept the tattoo I have for you, I knew you would be home!" He cheered.

"That's how tattoos work Alexei, they don't just walk away. Melina, thank you for coming.."

"I know it was urgent, I gather them because I thought they would be helpful, though.." She rolled her eyes at Alexei already offering everyone a sip from his flask.

"So her whole family is scary equals hot!" Katy asked Shang?

"It seems like it.." He whispered back.

Once everyone was seated, I began to inform them about everything Thanos related. I explained how their help was needed and hoped for and how this wasn't a problem that would just walk away. Thank goodness everyone was onboard.

"We have beds on this ship, I'll assign rooms but for now, order take out and rest up, training behind tomorrow!" I dismissed them, allowing them to scatter.

Everyone left but one nervously and awkward gal.

"Y/N I just wanted to say that your really cool, like hot in a scary way, it's cool, so cool.." She rambled, following me into the hallway.

"Thank you, Katy. I heard you were good with a bow, Clint can help develop those skills.." I placed my hand on her shoulder with a smile, causing something in her to click.

"I um, I have a girlfriend. She's like, girl bossing in China right now, she's Shang's sister and I'm not hitting on you I just think you're awesome.." She panicked.

"Relax, go get a coffee. Well, maybe not coffee but, get a break, this is a lot to take in.." I smiled, letting her go.

When I turned to walk to my left, I noticed jealous eyes staring me down.

"Was that necessary?" Wanda asked, talking about my hand on Katy's shoulder.

"Did it make you jealous?" I smirked back.

"Fuck you.." She spat at me.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" I kept my smirk.

"You fucked me and left in the middle of the night, what does that say about you?!" She yelled back.

"You fucked me four years and left me under the impression that you were gonna marry me, what does that say about you?!" I yelled back at her.

"Can you please get over that, you know I didn't fucking mean that!"

"You fucking said it.."

"Because you told everyone in the fucking universe that we had a kid and now she's on their hit list because we had a common thing for pissing everyone off!" The yelling continued.

"Oh please! You know I'd die before anyone lay a figure on you or Celeste! You don't want a ring, then stop fucking wearing it, Wanda. You don't wanna marry me-"

"I want a proper official wedding with you Y/N! That was the plan! Then we never got around to it! We saved everyone but ourselves, you are drowning in guilt and stress, you need to let it go! I wanna fucking marry you!" Wanda screamed.

"Then fucking act like it.." I quieted my tone, leaving the women at the other end of the hall in silence.

The hallway was frozen in a state of silence.

Nobody could speak or even move, That happens when too much on this degree is spilt.

Celeste crying drew Wanda away, out of the hallway, leaving me alone.

Alone.