9

Amaya was watching the boys now, the coach setting for them to help them practice receives. Kiyoko would pass to the coach, the coach would serve, Amaya would return all the balls that were used into the container by Kiyoko. She noticed Nishinoya seemed to be staring at her more, but Everytime she looked over he would look away as if flustered. Amaya would find this worrisome, did she do something wrong? Maybe it was because she was asleep on him on the way here. She would ask later, but for now they would all be busy with this training.

☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆

That evening, they would head to the facility where they would be cohabiting together. The guys seemed excited but Amaya would be pulled away to help Kiyoko cook.

"Hey, Kiyoko?"

"Hm?"

"... Did I do something to make Nishinoya upset? He stares at me but when I look back at him he tenses up and looks away."

The older girl would look to her as if trying to understand what might have happened. She then would smile with a slight head tilt and advise, "You'll have to ask him yourself Amaya-chan. I don't see him being mad at you but it would help if you went straight to the source!"

She would blush lightly and nod "Thank you Kiyoko."

They would be carrying the food when they passed the now open door, both stopping to stare at a seemingly lifeless Nishinoya and Tanaka who seemed to be revitalized seeing the girls. While Kiyoko seemed surprised, Amaya was confused.

'Are they that hungry??'

Amaya shook her head and continued to place the last dishes, the two girls joining up as the guys all filed in to sit, stating their thanks. Again, Amaya would look to Nishinoya who would immediately turn away. She felt a little hurt, a hand over her chest as she looked down.

"I'll go bathe. I'll be back to help clean..." With that Amaya didn't await anything else, turning to walk away, her shoulders down and disheartened.

"What's wrong with Takahashi-chan?" Asahi asked Kiyoko who shook her head a bit, "She thinks Nishinoya is upset with her. I told her to just ask him..."

Asahi would seem confused as well, "Really? But wait, I thought he liked her??"

Kiyoko would simply shrug before walking back towards the food. "Who wants seconds?"

☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆゜+..+゜☆

Amaya was in the bath, her eyes closed as she relaxed in the heated water. Why was it bothering her that Nishinoya seemed upset? She would groan slightly as she dipped further under, she had an idea why, but she hoped she was wrong.

"No more crushes... Amaya, you'll just mess up again.." she would recall before they came back to Japan.

In the UK it was the day of a major dance competition. She had been crushing on her partner for the dance for two years, the two were going steady. The night of the competition Amaya came out of her dressing room, her mother's green eyes glaring down at her.

"Amaya Elaine Takahashi, how could you?!"

Amaya was confused, staring up at her mother who pointed towards the partner Amaya had, his arms around an unfamiliar female. He came over and spoke point blank, "Oh, hey Amaya. I wrote in that we were swapping partners, dancing with Sasha during practice, I realized she and I move with much more grace! You understand right? I told the judges you'd find a new partner."

Amaya was in tears as he walked off with a wave, her eyes holding heart break before her mother snapped, "You are you be the best Amaya, someone more compatible than my own daughter?? I knew I shouldn't have allowed you to skip practices! Find another partner before they begin or else, do you understand me?"

"Yes mother-"

"-I understand." Amaya whispered wiping a tear away as she huffed. She would move to stand, getting out of the water. She would wrap herself in a towel, moving to dry off and get dressed for bed.

Amaya would then start to leave, stopping when she noticed someone to her left. Coming from the boys bath, his hair down, eyes blinking before he spotted her.

"Amaya?? Are you ok? Your eyes are puffy...."

She would tense, recognizing Nishinoya's voice. She would turn to walk away, but he would stop her, taking her by the wrist and spinning her around. He then would cup her chin, close up as he searched her now wide eyes with his worried ones.

"You've been crying...." He stated, a pinge of guilt hitting him.

'Is it my fault?'

She would look away from him, but she didn't try to run away.

"I-I'm just tired is all. Nothing bad." She would then turn to him looking up at him as she asked softly, "A-are you ok? I wanted to ask, but I figured you were just upset because I fell asleep on you."

He would give a small reassuring smile to her as he explained, "You're fine Amaya-chan, I'm just thinking about something Asahi said while we were on the bus, that's all."

She would blush, feeling a bit better now.

"I see." Nishinoya's heart rate would pick up again as he looked at her.

"You're so cute...." He spoke out loud causing her to tense and look into his eyes. She would flush darker, those emerald greens glistening slightly.

"... I... I like your hair like that. It looks good..." She told him softly, trying to return the compliment.

Now Nishinoya was blushing, his eyes moving to her lips before back to her own eyes. Just as he went to speak on how he was feeling the two were scared apart by the voice of Tsukishima.

"If you're going to be holding each other like you're in some kind of coming of age romantic love story, at least go somewhere private instead of blocking the hallway. Some of us still need to wash up."

Amaya would immediately bow, crying out, "s-sorry!" Nishinoya watching as just like before when they had been alone in the gym, Amaya took off as fast as she could away from everyone.

"Why does she keep running away like that...?" He asked softly aloud.

"Maybe your breath stinks? Or she's not that into you?" Tsukishima retorted as he continued on.

Nishinoya would huff glaring holes into Tsukishima's retreating skull before shuffling off himself to find his bed.