Chapter 5 {money}

Because we can't communicate there is a lot of misunderstanding...

Catalaiya's pov:

This morning, I woke up to a loud thud coming from the room. My eyes snapped opened and I turned around to look at the source.

"I'm so sorry I woke you up." Thalia apologised as she pick up whatever she dropped on the floor.

"It's okay," I reassured her. My eyes landed on the bag she was holding and I recognised it, it was one of my bags.

"My stuff is here?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Your brother dropped them off this morning and I already put everything in the closet, as Aziel asked me to." She replied before disappearing into the closet.

Speaking of him...

I shifted my gaze on the empty space beside me and the bed look untouched. I didn't see Aziel since he left me at the door. Did he even slept here?

Thalia walked out of the closet.

"Where is he?" I asked Thalia. She instantly understood who I was referring to.

"He's still at work, he didn't come home yet." She replied.

Oh

"How about you freshen up and I'll serve breakfast." She suggested and I nodded. Since I didn't have any clothes with me yesterday, I ended up sleeping in the pink dress she gave me. I couldn't even shower.

I sat down on the bed and reach to grab my phone from the bed table. I turn it on and my eyes widened when I looked at the clock. It was 9:15 am, I overslept.

There were a few emails from the office and a few miss calls from my assistant, Nayve.

I'll have to call her soon...

I pulled the blanket off me and I stood up. I put my phone back on the bed table before walking to the bathroom.

 I put my phone back on the bed table before walking to the bathroom

I did my business, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I then hop in the shower. The warm water hit my skin, making me sigh contented. I stayed for 15 minutes before I stepped out, dried myself and wrapped a towel around my breast.

I walked to the big closet and found my clothes.

(Catalaiya's outfit⬆️)

I did a light make up, brushed my hair and then made my way downstairs. I found Thalia in the kitchen, flipping some pancakes.

"So how did you sleep?" She asked as I stood by the counter.

"It was surprisingly good, I overslept which rarely happens to me." I replied making her chuckle.

"That's great," she commented.

She made a few more pancakes, cook some sausages and went near the fridge to get some juices.

"By the way, Aziel called again and he will be joining you for breakfast," Thalia informed me.

That should be interesting.

"When will he be here?"

As soon as those words left my mouth, we heard the door open. We turned to look toward the door and Aziel walked in while loosening his tie.

"Serve breakfast, Thalia." He told Thalia, briefly glancing at me. He might sound demanding and a jerk but the tone he used on her, show me that he respected her.

It also seemed like he doesn't even want to look at me.

"You don't want to freshen up first?" Thalia asked and he shook his head no.

"I'll freshen up after breakfast. I need to go back to work right after." Aziel replied.

(Dinning table⬆️)

(Dinning table⬆️)

He sat at the dining table, putting his phone on the table. He was sitting at the head of the table and I presume that's his usual spot.

"Take a seat beside him," Thalia murmured beside me.

I hesitantly nodded before making my way to the table. I sat on the right side and he moved his blank stare on me. Thalia stood in between us with the breakfast and serve us. Aziel instantly dig in and i started to eat too.

He abruptly stopped eating as if he remembered something and reached to take out something in his pocket. I watched as he removed one of his credit cards and slap it on the table in front of me, startling me.

"I should have given it to you yesterday before leaving, but I forgot." He said dryly, his cold eyes boring into my dull hazel eyes. I kept the stare for a few seconds and it was enough for me to understand that this man hates me.

He thinks I want his credit card? His money?

I didn't expect him to like me or befriend me but neither did I expect that he would have so much hate for me.

I was just a burden for him.

Little does he knows that I'm stuck here too...

I dropped my fork lightly on the table, suddenly losing my appetite.

"Thalia, tell Alfred that he will be madam's driver from now on," Aziel told Thalia, who nodded silently.

Aziel stood up, grabbed his phone before making his way upstairs. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked at Thalia who was looking at me with a sympathetic smile.

"I'm not hungry, I'll be in the library." I excused myself as I stood up. I walked to the library room and closed the door behind me.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy. I had mentally prepared myself for the worst before the deal but it still hit hard. I don't like this feeling of being a burden on someone. If it wasn't for this stupid contract, Aziel would be free, burdenless... he wouldn't even know me.

I sat down on the ground, crossed my legs before closing my eyes. I took a deep breath in and let everything out. I did this for a few minutes before I stopped and opened my eyes.

Catalaiya, you are strong. You can do this. Everytime you fell, you pulled yourself up and showed people that you didn't give a damn care... this one might be tougher but you are stronger.

I inwardly encouraged myself.

I stayed on the ground, my eyes looking outside through the window. The leaves sway as the wind blow. I took in the silent atmosphere and the peacefulness that this room offered.

It didn't last long.

I felt my phone vibrate and I looked down. It was a message from Nayve.

Call back when you're free please-Nayve

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah