Chapter 3

Ella's POV

I grabbed the tray of food from the kitchen and pushed through the doors into the diner to take the three men their food. Just as I began to set their plates onto the table my best friend ran in.

"Here's your food." I told them with a smile, placing the tray under my arm. The men stared at me with weary eyes but I just brushed it off as I walked over to my anxious looking friend. "What's up?" I asked her with furrowed brows.

"Your dad's car is outside." She told me in a careful voice. I looked out the window and sure enough there sat my father's Impala, or at least one that looked like it.

"It's probably someone else's." I muttered as I stared at the car in thought. A voice from behind me interrupted my thoughts.

"Um, yeah it's ours," The tall one at the table confessed,. ",and if your Ella Winchester you're our sister." Gabe got up and left after whispering something into his ear.

"I'm gonna go. Call me if you need me." My best friend whispered to me and gave me a reassuring touch on my arm. She stared at the men as she left.

"You're not as funny as you think you are." I mumbled, turning to storm back into the kitchen.

"We're serious. We're Sam and Dean Winchester. Maybe you heard about us from dad."  The short one grabbed my wrist causing me to stop where i stood. I stared at them still unsure. John definitely spoke of a Sam and Dean but how could I be so sure this is them?

"Why are y'all here?" I mumbled once more, definitely a flaw of mine.

"Well we just found out about you and thought we might come see ya." Sam said, but it was obvious there was more to it.

"It took John 16 years to tell you about me? Figures." I rolled my eyes, cleaning off a nearby table.

"Actually dad died." Dean said quietly.

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that." Dad and I never got along. He was always comparing me to Sam and Dean. I can tell that they loved him though. "Hunting?"

"How did you know?" Dean asked with wide eyes.

"Are you kidding? That was the only reason he came to town." I laughed. They just sat there for a few minutes in an awkward silence while I cleaned a couple tables. The one in the trench coat hadn't said a word.

"We need you to come with us." Sam said as I pulled my apron off and was about to leave.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You're in danger." The one in the trench coat tried to explain.

"So? I can take care of myself!" I immediately got defensive. I've gotten through sixteen years of life without them, what makes them think I need them now?

"Please. Just come with us. We'll explain everything on the way." Dean groaned in frustration. "I know this sounds absolutely crazy but you gotta trust us. You could die."

I didn't have any experiences with the monsters that John used to hunt and I knew that if one of them was really after me that my best bet was to go with these guys. I looked at their faces and I could tell that they were really trying to protect me, but I could also see that they would be taking me either the easy way or the hard way. If they're anything like dad they're going to be stubborn.

"Alright," I agreed in an unsure voice, "But I need to say goodbye some friends and go home and pack." They nodded at my terms and followed me as I walked out of the diner, signing out from my shift.

After saying goodbye to all of my friends and reassuring them I would come home soon we went to my house and began packing some clothes. They all wondered around the house curiously as I folded my clothes. My mind went to Gabriel and I began to wonder what he had said to Dean at the diner and where he had went.

"Do we need to talk to your mom?" Sam asked while looking at the decorations in my room.

"No, she's not going to be coming home anyway." I answered vaguely and Sam got the gist that I didn't want to talk about it. It wasn't too much longer until we were pulling out of my driveway.

Deans POV

Somehow Ella ended up in the front seat with Sam in the back, and Cas informed us that he had things to do and would be meeting us at the Bunker. The drive would take all night and I was glad everyone was sleeping and giving me peace and quiet.

"Can I drive?" So much for silence. Ella was still laying down with her eyes closed but she was definitely the one who asked the question.

"No." I was to the point with the answer.

"Why not?" She sat up and rolled her eyes. "I have my license. I'm nearly seventeen!"

"Because I said so that's why." I grumbled.

"Please." She gave me puppy eyes.

"No." I repeated.

"Fine." She groaned and there was an awkward silence. I looked at her and thought about if I should try and make conversation.

"So how long did you know that dad was a hunter?" I decided to try talking to her. How bad could she really be?

"When I was a kid. I found his journal." She stared out the window. "I don't think he ever found out."

"Oh."

"You guys do the same thing as him?"

"Yeah. That's actually why we needed you to come with us. Some demons were after you."

"Well that's nice to know." She turned to me. The next silence that fell was more comfortable than the first. "Can I drive?"

"No you can't!" She slumped down in her seat. I looked over and she seemed bored. "I thought you were asleep."

"Nah. I have trouble sleeping." And once again there was another awkward silence. I can't believe I'm about to say this.

"If I let you drive." She turned to me again with hope in her eyes. "Will you be careful?"

"Yes! I promise!" She smiled, jumping on her seat with excitement.

"This is my baby. You have to be extremely careful." I said nervously as I pulled over. She excitedly got out of the car and ran over to my door. This is gonna be a long car ride home. What am I thinking? I don't let anyone drive baby!