Chapter 6

With a hand rubbing her cheek, Ragna glances at the woman sitting across the table next to Akan. "So you are a Sentinel of light?"

Senna nods, her turquoise eyes slightly shining in the dim light. "I guess this shadow is the reason why I was summoned here?"

They all stare at the entity as she climbs on the house's frame with the help of a stool.

"What is she doing?" The sentinel asks.

Ragna chuckles tiredly. "Exploring? She is doing what she wants I guess."

With a hum, Senna leans on the table. "And may I know how you ended up in a stare-down?"

"You really took the best time to barge in." Ragna raises an eyebrow. "I asked for her to show me her weapon but when I tried to touch it she pulled it away, surprising me. I stood up and she just mimicked me. You know what happened next."

"I apologize yet again." Senna bows her head. "May I see it?"

The mother looks up at the shadow. "It is not mine, so you should ask her."

The sentinel smiles before standing up. "Miss?" She calls.

With a soft *thump*, the knight lands before her.

Senna takes her weapon in her hand, making the shadow summon her sword with a familiar *VRAM*. The older woman lifts her free hand to show that she means no harm before putting her weapon on the ground.

The shadow puts the tip of her blade against the floor as her two hands rest on the hilt.

"I am sorry for the trouble." Siena bows apologetically, getting a good look at the black and red sword in the process.

While it overflows with power, it has nothing to do with the Shadow Isles' wicked magic.

Maybe this entity is not linked to that place? At least in terms of power.

To confirm her hypothesis, Senna takes a white cubic stone out of her pouch.

It is a remnant of a broken sentinel weapon, but even if shattered into a thousand pieces, each fragment keeps the 'light'. It is why each Sentinel has at least one of those on them. If they find themselves on the Shadow Isles, those will protect them from the environment.

If the shadow is composed of the isles' energy, it should hurt her.

"Take that please." Senna opens her hand to present the stone.

Taking the stone without any problem, the shadow lets it rest in the palm of her hand as it seems to negate the black filter enveloping her arm.

She contemplates the effect of the artifact, bringing it closer to her face.

Ragna stares in a mix of awe and sadness.

She is not 18, she might be 15 at most.

The pretty youngster before them stares back with wide eyes.

"Ah..." The shadow makes a sound, her soft voice ringing in the silence.

She smiles slightly before placing a hand on her chest. "(My name is) Kamui."

They did not understand what she said but from her body language, they guess that she gave them her name.

"Ragna." The mother mimics, with a sheepish look. "You?" She points at the petite girl as she has not caught her name.

"Kamui." She points at the chief. "Akan?" He nods as she raises an eyebrow at Senna.

She sighs, with a smile, relieved that the knight has no ties with the isles. "Senna. I am Senna."

Kamui's eyebrows furrow slightly. "I... an Kamui."

Even if she mispronounced it, Ragna nods with a motherly smile. "Yes."

The girl outstretches her hand and Akim comes over her shoulder, leaving her with a blank expression. "Arim?" She glances at the soul as his green flames reflect on her dirty blond hair.

"No. Akim, kim" Ragna articulates the best she can."

She frowns. "Arim... Akrim... A-k-im."

The three others chuckle at her struggle.

"Akim." She hisses out with a glare.

"Sorry sorry." Ragna smiles at her, making her glare transform into a pout because of her childlike appearance.

Senna glances at Akan. "She wears an armor with a Noxian design but she has an Ionian name." They look at Ragna trying to pet Kamui, who dodges. "Then again, she might be from a place foreign to Runeterra."

"She does not look that threatening, but she held her ground against the ruined king and the harvester." Akan smiles at the shenanigans.

The sentinel smiles too. "I will be back, I need to report to Lucian and grab more light fragments."

"Are they not precious?" The chief raises an eyebrow.

"We have enough." She waves the question off. "Once you have established basic communication with the girl, explain to her that she will need to head for Piltover." Before Akan can ask why, she continues. "You certainly know that once the soul is separated from the body, it cannot be used as a host anymore. I am quite sure that Piltovan academicians will find the challenge quite thrilling. Creating a body capable of hosting a soul, I mean."

Akan bows down. "Thank you for everything, Miss Senna."

She makes her way toward the door. "(Wait)" The shadow calls, speed-walking in her direction. "(Thank you)..." She mumbles, pushing a piece of paper on the woman's chest.

Senna nods and exits as Ragna shouts a 'thank you!' before approaching Kamui with brown strings.

"I will go too, have a nice day Ragna, Kamui." The chief soon follows the sentinel outside.

Ragna smiles as she stuck the thread inside the light stone's small cracks. "Have a wonderful day Akan." Kamui gives her the seashells decorations that were resting on her head and the mother adds the stone to them. "Now we will be able to see your pretty face."

Seeing the way Ragna smiles at her, Kamui looks away with a inaudible sigh.

What will she do??

---

Kamui Emiya Pendragon:
-Strength (C)
-Endurance (D-)
-Agility (C)
-Mana (A)
-Luck (B)