9- Unlocked

*Story credit/Inspo by @smuttslxt*

As I walk down the stairs, I see Ansel sitting on the couch, huddled over with his head in his hands. He looks very tired, like he's already asleep and I don't know if I should wake him up or if I should leave him be.

I decide to walk up to him to see how he is but before I take a step, he sits up with his head leaned back and looks at me. I see his the tendons in his neck stretch and his arms are flexed, placed on his lap.

I can't help but find him severely attractive. I never would have thought to find an alien attractive, much less any man. For a long time, my family that I was gay. If I'm being honest, I thought I was too until I met him. Although I don't think he counts given that he's an extraterrestrial which might mean that they don't have genders which means he doesn't have a-

I blush and curse myself for the way my thoughts were heading. I meet his eyes and find that instead of his blue complexion, it's replaced by a red tone making him seem slightly purple but you can still see the red.

Shit. He heard me. That's so fucking embarrassing!

I shake off the embarrassing feeling and walk past him as if nothing happened. It also reminds me that he was supposed to teach me how to read minds.

I walk to the couch across from him and sit down. He stares at me for a little while, not saying anything. I think he knows I'm there but he's got his head into space. Ironic isn't it?

"Ansel?" I say, snapping him back to attention. He jumps a little bit and makes eye contact with me. I really love his ruby red eyes, usually people will find that as a demon thing. I'm talking about this game that Kylie's little sister used to play, Gacha Life was it? Something like that.

She'd always come into Kylie's room whenever I was there and show me her little characters and a lot of them were dressed as demons with red eyes and angles with blonde hair and blue eyes. She called them her "OC's", whatever that meant.

His eyes his so many emotions that I could not reach. It hid his past, things he didn't tell me. He's not entitled to but I feel as if the time we spent together has always been forever.

Now he's the one snapping me back to attention and bringing me back to earth. "Ivy? Did you hear me?" He says.

"Uhmm no? Can you repeat what you said?" I say.

"I said, we are gonna start on your ability to read thoughts. So let's begin. First, I want you to close your eyes but do not empty your mind. For this I need you to try and talk to my soul but do not open your mouth." He says.

It seems way too easy when he puts it that way since I've connected our souls on different occasions and mastered it each time. I close my eyes and focus on keeping word in my head.

I sense Ansel's soul within me and I start speaking to him. Well, more like my brain starts speaking to him.

I'm starting to think you are really nice.

I cringe. I hope I didn't hurt his feelings but I can't tell his reaction because my eyes are closed. Although I do hear him snickering.

"Next thing is all me. My mind is blocked. You might have trouble learning that ability given that your thoughts are really loud but I believe in you. I have to open my mind to you, when u do, you should be able to feel as if I'm super close, like a hug. You have to meet me so keep talking to me." He says.

I manage to keep talking to his soul without spilling anymore secrets that I really don't want him to know. After a while, I feel like he's behind me. I don't move in fear of breaking the connection but then I am surrounded by bright white light, in my head.