Fourteen

Being back in LA never felt so good. The sun and the warmth, I'm back living with AJ for the time being. Cody and I have talked here and there and from what I gathered from him, he wants to be all in with the baby. 

I can't blame him since it is his baby, but I don't think that I could forgive him right now for just kicking me out of his life. I had a doctors appointment this morning to meet my doctor out here in LA and Cody had offered to come with me and I couldn't say no. 

"Are you sure you're up for him going with you?" AJ asked as I was getting ready. "I'm sure AJ, it is his kid, I mean I kind of have to let him be involved." I said. AJ wasn't too keen on having Cody come with me or be in the kids life. 

I heard a honk outside and that was signaling Cody was here. "I'll be fine." I said giving him a hug and going out the door and into the car with Cody. "Hey, how are you?" Cody asked. "Good, starting to get uncomfortable with this belly." I said. 

"How many weeks?" He asked. "22, over halfway there to meeting the little guy." I said as I rubbed my belly and he kicked me. "So, are you still giving him your last name? I know we haven't talked about that." He said. 

"I mean, we are getting back on talking terms, so I wouldn't be opposed to giving him your last name." I said and he smiled. "Good, cause the little guy has to keep on the Bellinger last name and continue the legacy." He said and I laughed. 

"How is Ashli?" I asked. "Good, she is having a girl and she is due in July." He said as we pulled up to the office. We went in and signed all the forms and filled out papers and went back and started the initial exam. 

"So your doctor gave me lowdown from all your appointments, is this your brother?" She asked. "This is actually baby daddy." I said and she smiled. "Nice to meet you, let's see your little boy shall we?" 

She put the gel on my stomach and all I heard was the heartbeat and was so happy to hear it again. I looked over at Cody who had tears in his eyes, then I knew that he was ready to have this kid with me. 

"He is perfectly healthy. Still on pace for August 8th." She said printing off the pictures and giving them to me. I handed them to Cody. "Wow, this is amazing." He said as we were now getting In and Out before heading to the stadium. 

"It's crazy right? Feeling him kick is the most amazing thing in the world." I said as I rubbed my hands over my belly. "Is he kicking right now?" He asked and I nodded and grabbed his hands and put them where he was kicking. 

"Holy shit. How in the world?" He asked and I laughed. "He's an active one in there that's for sure." I said and we were next up to order our food. "Can we really talk about what happened?" He asked as we were parked eating our food and I sighed. 

"Cody, I know you didn't mean to do what you did, but everything really hurt me. I couldn't even fathom the fact that your sister told you that she was pregnant and then I go ahead and tell you the same thing and then you just go ahead and kick me out. I still haven't forgotten that and I don't know if I'm even ready to fully forgive you for that or take you back. I have nightmares about it to this day because you can just up and leave me and our child one day, you've done it once, what makes me think you won't do it again?" 

He sighed and grabbed my hands. "Because I didn't mean to do that. I don't know what happened to me, I knew I wasn't ready to be a dad, I didn't know what that meant for the two of us, I didn't know what you were going to do. I freaked out and I didn't mean for it to end the way that it did. Hearing my son's heartbeat for the first time today made me realize how much I actually want to have a baby and I wouldn't want to have a baby with anyone else other than you Sav. I love you with all my heart. I couldn't stand who I was when I told you all those things. I've changed and I hope you see that." 

"I have seen that Cody, that's why I let you come today. I just don't know if I'm ready to forgive you and take you back that easily." I said and he sighed. "I know, it's going to take time, but I'm going to make it up to you Sav, I can promise you that." He said and I nodded not knowing what to say to him. 

After we ate, we headed to the ballpark for opening day against the Rockies. I went into the trainers office to find AJ sitting there waiting for me. "So, update?" He asked as I started to work on him. 

"Baby is healthy, he's going to have Cody's last name now. Cody apologized for everything and understands that I can't take him back just yet, but I was thinking about when it gets closer to going back and living with him to make it easier on the baby and I." I said shortening up the day so far. 

"One, glad the baby is healthy. Two, good choice on having his last name. Three, I understand why you want to do that and will be there to support you every step of the way." AJ said. "I know you will be and I couldn't be more thankful for you. Now if only you could tell me what I should really do, that would be great." 

"I think you should do whatever would make you happy. I know you still love him Sav, I heard you every night in Arizona crying before you went to bed. You want him back, but you feel that if you let him in too soon he'll hurt you again." Why was he always right?

"Why are you always right?" I asked. "Older brother things I guess, you do what makes you happy Sav, I love you." He said and hugged me. "I love you too AJ, go out and kick some Rockies ass today." I said and he smiled and left the room. 

What do I do?

*Insta Post for the day* 

savpollock: 22 weeks this week and I can't believe I'm starting my first full season with the Dodgers, let's go boys in blue! Me and baby boy can't wait to cheer you guys on this season!