Kimochi Warui

"Is she alive?" - I heard the voice of a woman asking.

"Affirmative, Commander. Her physical body is presenting regular pattern orange and vital signs are stable." - A male voice responded.

"Thank God. Jason, is there any signs of mental contamination?"

"Well, the brain signals are also stable and there are no signs of any physical harm. But the readings show that there are some anomalies in her brain patterns. They are under control at the moment, but they may escalate quickly, causing permanent damage in the long term. Like what happened to..."

"As long as she is still able to pilot, it's not an issue."

- a third voice. A frightening and... familiar one?

"You... you knew that the procedure wasn't safe. You almost killed her and all of us. If it wasn't for the safety measures it would be a disaster, just like it happened in Nevada!"

"It was expressly stated that that procedure involved risk, especially for the pilot. And she consented to it. She volunteered. It's not my fault if she failed to read the fine print."

"What? You're talking about consent, now? She is still a child!"

"Her age is irrelevant. She is a pilot and nothing else. Always has been. Considering the records and what she said in the last recorded battle, she would rather die trying to succeed in a mission than to back off a challenge. Quite different from that other pilot and exactly what the world needs right now. People willing to make sacrifices to ensure the survival of mankind. Don't you agree, Commander?"

"You..."

"Either way. The experiment was a failure as we couldn't get the S2 engine to activate properly. It seems that we will need to add more of the substance to the subject to make it work. I will ask the committee to try the diplomatic approach, but when the Division Bell inevitably rings, we will have to be prepared for other measures."

Footsteps. A door closing. Silence.

The sound of a gun being loaded.

"Avil, where..."

"I'm going to Japan."

"Are you crazy?"

"We need to anticipate his next moves and fight against this conspiracy. I'll go with Jason, and I will also need agents Dan, Yubi and Acqua to come with me. We have to inform Yuko about the true nature of this project and try to avoid the worst-case scenario."

"And while you are going to this suicide mission what I'm supposed to do?"

"What you have been done all that time, Commander. Take care of the Sohryu kid."

'What is that? Sunlight? It hurts... my head feels... strange.'

'Why am I crying? I decided that I would not cry anymore.'

'I feel... sick. What a disgusting feeling.'

'Where I am? I'm not here. Where are... you?'

"Asuka... are you ok?" - I turned to see the source of the voice. A woman, wearing a white coat was standing right behind of the machine that monitored my vital signs.

"Who the heck are you? And what am I doing here?"

"P-please calm down Asuka... It's natural that you are feeling confused right now, but we are here to help you." - said a woman with a black suit who was standing by the door.