CHAPTER 20

Ignore the mistakes

____________

Taehyung and Jeongguk wakes up to the sound of Taehyung's phone furiously being spammed by messages and phone calls.

Taehyung groans, eyes squinted, burning, and sore from all the salty tears he's let out, passing out right after in Jeongguk's arms.

Jeongguk tiredly hands the phone over to Taehyung since it was beside him, Taehyung taking it in his hands then answering the phone without looking at the contact name.

"You messed it all up, Taehyung." Taehyung could hear his mothers sharp voice pierce his ears. He grimaced, rolling his eyes. It's really too early for all of this.

He's drained, tired, and his parents on top of that making him feel worse is just something Taehyung doesn't want to deal with at all.

"I didn't mess up anything." Taehyung groggily says, voice soft and deeper than it is because of his woken up state.

"You fucking around with a Jeon, one that was engaged, and ruining our reputation. Our family has to go through a lot already and now this just added on to it." Rin, Taehyung's mom, spits out.

Of course she would worry about their reputation instead of checking up on her own son. "Do I have to remind you that me and Jeongguk has always been together since college? Break up or not, we've always been there for each other. I didn't ruin anything. I've been name dropped, hated, and lied on in the media and you're worried about a fucking reputation?"

"It doesn't matter, Taehyung. What matters is you always doing some stup–"

"It does matter. You don't give a fuck at all. Even when I just told you on what happened to me just yesterday!" Taehyung was on the verge of tears again. He can't do this. Not this early in the morning.

"You just ignored everything I just told you." Taehyung sighs. Jeongguk sits both of them up and holds his lover, rubbing his sides calming the younger down.

Rin was about to say something else, about to bicker at him again. But Taehyung pulls the phone away from his ear and hangs it up.

He wanted to cry. He just wants to let it out. But he knows he has to calm down. The amount of stress he's been feeling since yesterday is really not good for him at all.

Jeongguk pecks his cheek, pecks his neck, gentle hands rubbing on Taehyung's arms. Taehyung appreciated this a lot. His kisses and soft touches works like magic.

Taehyung turns his head and pecks the older's lips, "Thank you, Ggukie. For last night and right now."

"Don't thank me for being there for you, doll. I'll always be here, always." Jeongguk whispers, pecking Taehyung's nose then his lips.

"Now I'm gonna cook my babies some breakfast and cheer you up."

Taehyung smiles slightly and nods, gasping once Jeongguk picks him up and takes them to the kitchen.

🥀

Namjoon came to Taehyung's penthouse right after Taehyung and a Jeongguk finished eating their food. The two best friends were on the couch cuddling now, Namjoon running his hands through Taehyung's hair while he was beating himself up over not being there for Taehyung like he suppose to.

Taehyung could feel how tense his best friend was, lifting his head up to look at him, "Joonie...what's wrong?"

Namjoon shakes his head, "I should be asking you that."

"But you already did. You're tense. Tell me what's wrong, plant tamer." Taehyung sits up, joking a little to brighten the mood with bickers.

"I don't tame plants. I take care of them, Tae." Namjoon scoffs but smiles.

Taehyung smiles back a little bit sighs, getting serious, "What's wrong, Namjoon?"

Namjoon knew he wasn't going to escape this. Hell, they couldn't escape each other when it comes to having serious conversations.

"I'm caught up in my own shit that I didn't realize how much you're going through stuff." Namjoon starts.

"I haven't spoken to you in a while and after yesterday, I feel so bad for not being there for you."

"But you're here today, Joon. You've always been there for me. Don't beat yourself up over this." Taehyung says. He seats up completely and crosses his arms, "I don't know what other stuff you're caught up on, but I know that even when you're busy, you're still there. You dropped everything just to make it to your best friend. And that's all that matters. So shut up, Namjoon."

Namjoon persed his lips, actually shutting up. Taehyung giggles and shakes his head, "I didn't mean to actually shut up. I just told you to stop lashing yourself over this. I'm fine, Jeongguk is with me, taking care of me."

Namjoon sits up himself, putting his arms behind his head, " 'I'm not in love with Jeongguk' Taehyung said a few months ago, going to Jeongguk right after."

"Yeah, I lied. I've been in love with him since college."

"I know, Tae." Namjoon chuckles.

There was complete silence until Taehyung's cat, qiqi, comes in view with Jeongguk following behind.

His hair was slightly wet from the shower he just took. He picks up qiqi and sits beside Taehyung, pecking his lips.

"We haven't talked in a while. We should catch up. So what's going on with this couple apart from marriage deals and Chungha?" Namjoon asked, cringing at the mention of the marriage and Chungha.

Taehyung nervously chuckles and looks at Namjoon, "Same ol'Same ol."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow at them both, "You can't hide things from me. You know this."

Taehyung smacks his teeth, aggravated that Namjoon is such a good reader on him. He could never fool his best friend.

"You right, I can't hide. But I'll tell you once the time is right." Taehyung smiles. And that'll have to be soon. The model is close to five months of his pregnancy.

He's small but he knows that this baby with grow bigger soon.

Namjoon squints at them, Jeongguk shrugging. Namjoon hums, "I'll wait then." He lets it go. At least tried to. Because now, he's eager to know what Jeongguk and Taehyung is hiding.

🥀

Two pretty best friends