thirty

Tight knots of rope bound the small wrists of Choi Jangmi. Her head hung low, her body weak at the blows she had suffered from the hands of her captors, who took great pride and joy in their hostage being the Empress.

They thought they had beaten the Emperor.

Her creamy skin was pale, sunken at the lack of nourishments, and her hair was tangled, brushing the scratches and scars that now decorated her neck.

She missed the boys, she missed Yoongi. 

Things had been going so well, where had it gone wrong?

"Yoongi," She whimpered. 

She needed her husband. No, she needed the Emperor. The Emperor who was cruel, merciless and unforgiving to all, the man who wasn't afraid of the sight of a thousand corpses, the monarch who would wage war for the men he called his brothers.

Suddenly, the door to her cell flung open, a loud clang indicating the metal of the door had struck the wall with quite some force. 

Jangmi's chin was lifted up to stare into the hostile eyes of her detainer. 

He was a tall build of a man, similar to Taehyung's height, but nowhere near as sweet as him. His eyes were hooded with sin, his hands roughly tilting her face, examining her.

"Who knew that the Emperor would lose his Empress?" He smirked. "They called him a monster, but I am greater than he,"

He leaned closer and the odour of alcohol fanned the Choi girl's lips as she tried to shrink away, but to her dismay, he pulled her towards him. "Tell me, Empress, when will your Emperor come?"

"He will," The girl croaked. "Yoongi will come,"

"I wished that was the case, Empress, but he would never care for a woman," The man grinned. "I think he would rather leave you here with me, don't you think that's better?"

Anger and fury discoursed through her veins as Jangmi spat at him, the man hurriedly pushing her away as he wiped her saliva off his face. He had pushed her with such force that she had hit the back of her head on the wall.

"You bitch!" He grabbed a fistful of her hair, pulling it, his palms stroking her cheek, eyes now filled with blazing anger.

"The Emperor shall never see his Empress again!"