Wave 1

Shoto's POV

"Why does he have to insist so much?" I grumbled under my breath as I swam angrily along. "I just don't want to marry her. Who would?"
I thought back to my 'conversation' with my father.

"You will Marry terisa!"

"I will NOT...sir!" That had earned me a slap to the face.

"I am your FATHER! The King! Treat me with respect!"

"Give respect Get respect!"

"Shoto!"

"I will never marry! Ever! None you bring me could ever entice me because I am NOT attracted to any of my kind!!" I snarled the truth out at my father and whirled around and swam out of the throne room in a whirlpool of rage.

Ever since I was young I was not attracted to anyone I ever met not even one. Not matter how pretty they were considered nor how handsome. I just couldn't do it. The spark was just never there. I shut myself away and never came out of my cavern in the Castle around the age of 1800 years old. I was now 2100yrs old...still single and...

"...a disgrace to my Father and Mother."

I finished aloud stopping the angered swimming. I sighed and looked down at the ocean floor.

"Maybe I should just force the marriage." I muttered. "I could eventually be happy right?"

"Now why would you do that to yourself? Hmmm?" Came a eerie voice. I froze.
"Oh did you think you were alone? Nah...Ive been following you for a while now."

"How much did you hear?!" I snapped looking up. I wish I hadn't because that sight I will never forget. Ever.

My heart then dreaded for my very own existence. I didn't dare move. I didn't dare speak. The thing in front of me hovered in the water. It smirked showing it's two fangs. I gulped. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing infront of me.

Impossible! I thought. They're supposed to be extinct!!

In front of hovering in the water was..............

A Siren.

The siren stared at me as I stared back

"Hey you ok?" It asked. I blinked.

"...h-huh?"

"Are you ok?" It repeated.

"Oh. Uh huh. Yeah." I said nodding. The siren frowned.

"Why you so terrified of one of your own?" It asked.

"HUH?!" I shrieked out in shock.

"Hmmm... Was I mistaken that you're not one of us? I was so sure..."