Learning (Kau X Reader)

"A-B-C-D..." You spelled out the letters that left your mouth onto a hand concealed by leather. The white-haired boy faced down onto the direction of his hand as he attempted to study each sign that was made upon it. While you were making to your next letter, the male took a hold of your hand and placed it on his cheek. While he was leaning into your hand, the dull look that rested on his lips slowly curved into a smile. Returning the smile, you slowly slipped your hand out of his grasps. After continuing the alphabet, you then proceeded to spell out the boy's name in his hands.

"K-A-U. Kau," You called, smiling back at him, "That's how you spell your name." You lended a hand to the blind male and examined him as he mimicked your movements into your hand. Aftering watching him finish, you grabbed Kau's hand, placed it on your cheek, and nodded into it as a sign of praise.

"Now, let's see how well you can do. Try spelling out my name." Holding your hand out once more, you watched Kau place his fist into your palm and began to form the first letter. As he steadily spelled out his name, Kau would occasionally look up in your direction to reassure he was correct. Because of Kau's strong memory, you rarely had to assist him with making the letters. Upon completing your name, Kau looked up hesitantly waiting for your reaction.

"Good job!" You applauded, patting Kau on the head. Kau began to smile as you gently ran your soft fingers through his silvery locks. Unbeknownst to Kau, you gazed at him solemnly while he was enjoying your approval. Your eyes ran down his torso, which was pierced with six, large silver rings. Surrounding his painful-looking rings were scars and bruises inflicted by his keeper Arbitro. And to top it all off, because of Arbitro, Kau had his sight gouged out of him and his voice snatched away. You truly felt sorry for him and all that he had went through. To make up for it, you taught Kau a little sign language so that he had the ability to communicate.

"That's about it for today." You uttered as you rose to your feet. Kau, hearing you move, reached out and snatched your hand much to your surprise, "Kau?!"

You received no response, other than Kau rising to his feet as well. The two of you stood in silence until Kau pulled you in for a hug. Closing your eyes, you wrapped your arms around his back and held him closer. Releasing you, Kau turned your hand to show your palm and began spelling out a message.

'I L-O-V-E Y-O-U' It read. Tears welled up in your eyes as you smiled and brought Kau in for another embrace.

"I love you, too, Kau..."