Chapter 1: the beginning

Last One Standing
As I looked around, I realized there was only one other person left to help me survive this, no one else. not the boy I once loved, not the girl who was there through it all,not the younger girl who knew all of my secrets, not even the random strangers at the party. I was all alone. And I was determined to live through this. To see the life fade from the mysterious murderer who had made me watch all of my friends, and non friends, die.
~~~~~~~~~~12 hours earlier~~~~~~~~~
"Come on Cece it will be fun!" My two best friends said.
"Yeah, it's a Halloween party! On Halloween,we never get invited to Halloween parties ON Halloween. And it's the first time we've ever been invited anywhere, in years!"
"We'll get invited to more places" I said, trying to convince them to stop.
"Not if we don't go to this one. We can even bring Noel" Daniel said.
"We're not bringing my 15 year old sister to a stupid high school party." I said as I rolled my eyes.
"Why not?" Rosie asked.
"Because everyone there always gets drunk. And it's her first year in high school, she doesn't need to be at a party with drunk senior boys. Plus I don't wanna be responsible for her. If I'm going, I'm gonna have fun."
"Wait, so does that mean you're going?!"
"Fine." As I said this Daniel and Rosie hopped up and started jumping and laughing like little children. It was a really funny sight.
"Okay, we'll leave at 7" Rosie said excitedly.
"Is it a costume party?"
"I think it's one of those places where you just wear nice clothes, I really don't know," Daniel laughed.
"Can you guys help me find something to wear?" They nodded and we headed to my closet.
Daniel and Rosie started throwing all of my clothes out of my closet and repeatedly saying, "no, no, no. Why do you even own this?"
Rosie turned around, "you know what, we still have 4 hours, let's go to town. We'll get you some cute clothes, and I hear Corbyn's gonna be there. How about you make him jealous?"
I froze, "what? You didn't say anything about him being there"
"It's fine, you'll make him jealous, he'll snag you back, and then you'll reject him, and you'll finally be over him. Got it?"
"Promise?"
"Promise."
"Fine, and you're sure he'll be jealous?"
"Positive," Daniel said.
"Then let's get going, I'm so ready to be done with him."
We left and went to places like Kohls, Walmart, Marshall's, and target. I found some ripped black jeans, and a red crop top. I didn't think it looked too good on me, but Daniel and Rosie thought I looked amazing. Rosie got the same except for an orange top instead of a red one.
We were feeling bold, and got our hair done. I got my darker blonde, a little past shoulder length hair, curled. Rosie got her long brunette hair, curled and then put in a ponytail.
We went back home to do Rosie's makeup and I put on some mascara and lip gloss, then got in the car.
When we got to the party, the house looked suspicious. It looked old, like it was about to fall over, there were a lot of sharp tools just laying out. I know that it's a Halloween party, but the tools and effects that you can usually tell are fake, looked real as hell.
We were walking all together, Daniel on the left, Rosie on the right, and me in the middle. I leaned over and whispered to Daniel, "Hey, this place looks like bad news. Are those real knives?"
"Cece, you have to stop worrying, it does you no good."
All of a sudden I heard someone start yelling. "Cece! Cece!" they groaned, "Cecilia!"
I turned around to see who it was, and I saw Noel pop out of the car. "Noel?" I turned back around. "What the hell! What is she doing here?"
"I have no idea," Rosie said, seeming just as bummed out as me.
"Whatever, let's just make the best of it. Who cares if she's here?" Daniel defended.
"My moms gonna kill me." I said as I buried my face in my hands.
"It's going to be fine Cece." Daniel said while patting my back. "I'll go back to get her, you guys go on ahead."
"Thanks daniel." I gave him a hug, and Rosie and I went inside the house, just as Daniel said.
As soon as I walked in the door, My head got really warm, my palms began to sweat. I wiped them off on my jeans. "Corbyn," I said desperately.
Rosie grabbed me and made me face her, "Listen, you look hot as hell. All you have to do is look happy, and he will want you back in seconds. Got it?"
"Yeah, so what do you want to do?" I asked.
"Well, I guess I will go get us some drinks, I'll be back in a minute." She stood there and looked me in the eyes, "Hey, it's going to be okay. But don't talk to him yet. Wait for him to come to you."
"Yeah, of course." She walked away. I didn't know what to do, I'm not necessarily a party person. They stress me out and make me feel awkward.
It was taking Rosie a while to get back, so I decided I was going to walk around. I decided to try and talk to people I didn't know. There was one boy who didn't look too bad. He had brunette hair, blue-green eyes, and a kind smile.
I walked up to him and started talking to him hoping it would make Corbyn jealous. "Hi, I'm Siera. What's your name?"
"Hi?" He said as if confused why I would talk to him, "Uh, my name is Thomas."
"Well, Thomas, I have a question for you."
"And what is it?" he said, confused.
"Just so I know, how old are you?"
"Actually," He laughed. "I'm turning 18 tomorrow."
"So senior I'm guessing?"
"Yeah, how old are you?"
"17, as of last month."
"Well, happy late birthday." He said, keeping up with his sweet smile.
"Happy early birthday to you." I said, returning a genuine smile. "So, did you come with any friends?"
"Thank you, uh, no, just me." He paused, "I don't really have a lot of friends, I'm kinda a loner." We both laughed.
"I'm totally the same way, my friends had to beg me to come to this party."
"So where are your friends?" He asked.
I started to look around, I actually don't know," we laughed. "It's not like I don't care, it's just Rosie went to go get some drinks for us like," I looked at my watch "a half hour ago? And Daniel was with my sister,"
"How olds your sister?" He looked concerned.
"15, it's a long story."
"Well, we have nothing but time, it's not like this party is going to get any better." We both laughed.
I told him about how Rosie, Daniel and I had been out in town, and then went back to the house for 20 minutes and then came here, and that Noel literally popped out of the car.
"Wait hold on, are you talking about Daniel whitmore?"
"Yeah, do you know him?"
"Yeah, we were best friends in elementary. But as soon as we got out, he dropped me faster than he could say bye."
"Oh, I had no clue . We met in 7th grade, I hope he didn't stop being friends with you for me and Rosie?"
"I doubt it."
"Are you saying I'm not good enough?" I sarcastically said.
He just laughed, "no, no, I'm saying he wouldn't drop me for someone else, he just didn't like me anymore. That's all."
"Okay, well I'm still sorry about that."
"Nah, it's fine."
"You know, I'm getting worried about Daniel, and my sister. I haven't seen them in probably an hour."
"Oh, yeah. I understand." He paused, "I could help you look if you want?"
"You really don't have to," I could see his face drop. "But if you want to, I won't stop you."
"I don't have anything else to do." He laughed, but I got the feeling it wasn't too wholehearted.
We both left and looked all around the property. For about an hour, but after a while gave up. We decided to go upstairs because the party was becoming overwhelming. We went upstairs, and were about to enter the first door, but heard some.... weird, noises. We decided to go into the third door, it was the closest to the stairs that you couldn't hear everything. We both just fell on the bed and were staring at the ceiling.
"So, what's it like to be a senior?" I asked.
"It's not necessarily bad, it would be better if I had more friends."
"Why don't you?"
"Why don't I what?"
"Have more friends? You are a likeable person."
"Thanks I guess, but people at school don't really like me," he seemed sad.
"Do you know why? Or do they just not like you for no reason?" It was a shock that people didn't like him. Not only was a good person, but he was also good looking.
"Daniel."
"What about him?"
"He spread rumors about me sleeping with his sister. And then he spread another one saying that I slept with his girlfriend."
"Daniels never had a girlfriend."
"He said you were his girlfriend, I assumed you still were."
"Ewww," I laughed. "Not to be rude, but I would never date him."
"That dick. That rumor wasn't even just about me, it was about him too, he probably did everything he could to make sure you wouldn't hear it" he began to laugh too.
"Wow, I can't believe he would do that." I paused. "Wanna play truth or dare?"
He laughed harder, "that is one of the most random things you could say."
"That's not an answer." I laughed
"Fine. Truth or dare?"
"Uhhh, dare." I said with a smirk.
"I dare you to go to the other room, and barge into that room with the two people." He giggled like a little kid.
"Oh my god," I laughed too, "are you serious?"
"Deadly."
I groaned, "fine."
I struggled to get up out of the bed, but once I did, I very quietly walked over to the first door, and I tried to open it quickly and swiftly, but found I couldn't do so with this door, it seemed like it was jammed and bit. It didn't take too long to get it open, but it got rid of the element of surprise.
When I finally got the door slightly open, I swung it with all my might and yelled "boo!"
I was horrified by what I saw. My sister was up against the wall, crying. And my best friend, Daniel, was keeping her there and forcing her to kiss him.
"Daniel! What the hell are you doing!"
"It's not what it looks like!" He yelled as he stepped away from Noel. But the second he stepped away, she ran towards me and gave me a hug.
"He dragged me in here and told me if I didn't let him do whatever he wanted, he would punch me." She continued to cry.
"So you practically force me to a party, make it seem like my sister wanted to be here, and then raped her?"
"I didnt rape her, I know that little slut wanted it." He actually looked like he believed himself.
"Is this the first time, or have you done this to her before?"
"Ever sinse the first time he came over to the house, he comes into my room and rapes me. And sometimes he takes pictures." Noel told me.
"You sick bastard. She's 15! And when we met, she was only 10."
"She's lying."
"You lying little-" Noel tried to charge at him, but Thomas stopped her. If I'm being honest, I forgot he was even there.
"Thomas?" Daniel asked in disbelief
"What the hell are you doing?" Thomas asked.
"I told you, it's not rape if she wanted it. And her slut of a sister was basically begging for it."
"Shut the fuck up, we both know that's not true. Is this why you stopped being friends with me? I found out that you were doing this to people, and you couldn't face me knowing I knew." He looked at Noel then back at Daniel, "you're a coward."
Daniel charged at Thomas, when he got to him he threw him on the floor and started punching him, repeatedly. "I am not a coward!" He stopped for a moment. "You bastard," he went right back to punching him.
"Daniel! Daniel stop!" I tried grabbing him, "Daniel get off of him, you're going to kill him!" Tears started flowing out of my eyes.
"This bastard is just accusing me! I didn't do it!" I could see tears come out of his eyes. "It wasn't me! I'm not a coward." He stopped for a moment, and wiped the tears. "You're not worth it." He got off of Thomas and went back down stairs.
I ran up to Thomas and grabbed his face, "Thomas? Are you okay? Do you need help?"
"I'm a-okay," he laughed.
"You knew he did this to people?" I asked desperately.
"I saw him once with a girl in a school bathroom. She was crying and obviously didn't want him. He kept screaming at me to go away."
I looked over at Noel, "go down stairs, I'll meet you at the car. We're going home."
"O-okay, I'll see you in the car." She turned to leave, "but, I want you to know. I didn't want him to do that, and I didn't even want to be here. He grabbed me and told me to stay in the car, and act like I was excited to be here."
"I know." I felt so bad that I basically let him do that to her for 4 years. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." Then she left, and went down to the car.
"Are you okay?" Thomas asked me.
"What do you mean? Nothing happened to me."
"You just found out your little sisters has been being raped for the past four years, and not that I'm blaming you, but you let him into the house each time. And you just watched someone get beat up and I knew you wanted to do something about it. I could see it in your eyes."
"I'm fine."
"Yeah, sure"
"Are you okay?"
"Mentally or physically?"
"Either"
Physically I guess I'm fine, but mentally, i don't know," he looked me in the eyes and looked saddened and I got worried, "my egos a little bruised." I punched his arm. "Oww," he laughed.
"You asshole." I began laughing too. When we stopped laughing, I layed down on the floor next to him, completely forgetting about Noel.
"I'm sorry I didn't warn you about Daniel when you told me he was with your sister."
"You couldn't have known he was doing that to her."
He looked over at me, "that doesn't mean I'm not sorry."
I turned to look at him, "I know, I'm just trying to tell you that you don't have to be." I looked back up at the ceiling, and I noticed there were glow in the dark stars. "Besides, without you, I would have never found out any of that was even happening." Out of my peripheral vision, I could see Thomas still looking at me. "Thank you."
"Stop, it was an accident, I didn't even mean to help you find them, I didn't technically help you."
I looked back over at him, "Thomas, stop. You helped me, even if you didn't know at the time, doesn't mean you didn't. Stop trying to tell me you didn't, accept that you did." We stared into each other's eyes.
"I don't know if anyones told you, but you have beautiful eyes." He smiled.
I smiled bigger than I wanted to. "Thank you." My smile went down, "why did you follow me in here, why didn't you leave? Why did you let him beat you up? Why didn't you fight back?" I sighed, "what is going on?"
"I stayed because I knew something was wrong. I let him beat me up so that he could get his anger out, and wouldn't take it out on you or Noel. And as for what's going on, I have no idea."
"He is not okay. Has he always been like this?"
"I guess, but it's gotten worse over the years."
We laid there in silence, continuing to stare into each other's eyes. It felt like hours had passed when he finally spoke. "We should probably go, Noel is waiting for you."
I shook out of the trance-like state I was in, "oh, yeah, Noel. Do you need a ride?"
"I drive here, so I'm fine." He hesitated, "but thank you."
"Yeah no problem." We both began to stand back up, when we heard a distant horrified sounding scream. "Rosie."
I ran down the stairs and around a corner to find a large person standing over Rosie as she screamed, spread among the rest of the floor were about 7 other people. From what I could see, none of them were breathing.