XII. Mall Encounters

Mrs Moskowitz woke early as she usually did, despite it being the weekend. She walked down the hallway quietly, assuming Lainey was still asleep in her son's bed. She noticed the door was ajar and peered through. Eli was in the bed with Lainey, his bare arms wrapped around her, they slept peacefully. With a silent huff, Mrs Moskowitz made her way downstairs.

About an hour later, Lainey opened her eyes. Eli sleeping peacefully beside her was something she could definitely get used to. Brushing the red hair out of his face, she smiled when he opened his eyes.

"Good morning handsome," Lainey whispered.

Eli hugged her tightly, nuzzling his face into her neck. "Good morning princess."

"So, when did you end up back here?" Lainey asked.

Eli rubbed his eyes. "About 3am."

Lainey laughed lightly. "I can't believe you."

"Why?"

"Because your mom was right across the hall."

Eli laughed. "Well, nothing happened."

Lainey smirked. "Whatever."

Lainey reached her phone from the table, she had multiple texts from her sister asking her to go to the mall with her and Robby.

"Do you want to come to the mall with me this afternoon?" Lainey asked.

"Sure."

"Sam and Robby are coming too."

Eli closed his eyes.

Lainey laughed. "I had to include that little detail later, otherwise I know you would've said no."

Eli shook his head. "You're right. But I'll tag along."

"I need new pens."

Eli heckled.

"And a new bag."

Eli looked at Lainey. "You're really going all out for school this year, huh?"

Lainey shrugged. "Might as well."

Laying in silence for a few moments, Lainey traced Eli's Grim Reaper tattoo with her finger.

"Did it hurt?" Lainey asked.

"What?" Eli replied.

"Your tattoo."

"Oh, not really."

"What about the giant one on your back?"

Eli laughed lightly. "Alright, that one hurt a bit."

"A bit, sure."

Lainey observed the Grim Reaper, remembering the moon tattoo that was now covered.

"Would you ever get any tattoos?" Eli asked. "I think it'd be pretty hot."

Lainey laughed. "You do know who my dad is, right? He'd freak. You haven't even told your mom yet!"

"Yeah, because she'd freak. Just don't tell your dad."

"If only it was that easy."

"I dare you to get a tattoo," Eli smirked.

"No way, we're not doing this."

"So you're telling me you have no idea of what tattoo you'd like to get?"

Lainey hummed. "Well maybe there is one..."

"I dare you to get it, princess."

"No!"

"Go on, just get it somewhere your dad would never see it."