I Already Got My Wish (bonus chapter)

A/N: Happy Holidays everyone! Thank you so much for almost half a million reads on this story. To celebrate the season, I wanted to publish a bonus chapter which I may continue to do from time to time. In this chapter, the twins and Sarah are six and Mary and Natasha are four.

When Steve and Bucky decided that they would help the kids make cookies for Santa, they maybe didn't think it all the way through.

Mary kept trying to eat the raw dough, Steven and Sarah started a flour fight, and Natasha was crying because JJ kept messing up her decorations.

Steve and Bucky loved being stay at home dads but their kids were handfuls. Bucky was panicking because he knew that Lizzie would be home any minute and he was going to be in big trouble.

Steve begins to see Bucky freaking out and looks at the clock.

"Lizzie is going to kill us," Steve says.

"You can still save yourself. Take Mary and Sarah and go," Bucky says sincerely.

They both know that Steve would never agree to that but it didn't really matter because just then, Lizzie walks in the door.

Lizzie's jaw drops at the state of her kitchen. She turns on her idiot husband and brother who are trying to give her puppy dog eyes. She opens her mouth to yell at them but then she hears JJ giggle.

"Look, mama, it snows indoors too," JJ says as he throws a handful of flour in the air.

All the kids follow suit before falling on the floor laughing. Lizzie can't help but laugh at their joy. As frustrated as the situation is, at least her kids are happy. She can't be mad at anything that makes her kids happy.

"Mama! Look!" Steven shouts.

She looks down to see Steven laying on his back and making snow angels in the flour. She can't help but give a small laugh causing Steve and Bucky to smile. If she could laugh, maybe they weren't in as much trouble as they thought.

Lizzie walks further into the kitchen but slips and falls to the ground hard. Bucky has definitely relaxed when it came to Lizzie's safety but when he sees her fall, he runs over to her and falls on his knees next to her. He quickly examines her to make sure she's not injured.

"Are you okay, Ellie?" He asks worriedly.

He's so preoccupied checking her that he doesn't notice the two handfuls of flour landing in his hair and on his face until it's too late.

"You did not just do that," he exclaims.

"You didn't even see it coming either. Losing your touch, super soldier?" She teases.

"You're going to pay for that Rogers," he says darkly.

He grabs a handful of flour and rubs it on her cheeks, making sure to avoid her eyes and mouth.

Steve laughs behind them, being the only one that isn't covered in flour. Bucky hooks his foot behind Steve's ankle and yanks his feet out from under him. The floor shakes with the impact and Steve lets out a groan but Bucky's mission was a success and Steve was now covered in flour like the rest of them.

The kids all laugh and Steve playfully glares at them.

"These kids just don't know how to respect their elders do they?" Steve says.

Bucky and Lizzie quickly catch on to Steve's mischievous tone.

"No they don't," Bucky agrees.

"What do you think we should do about that?" Lizzie adds.