Chapter I, Act I: The Rise of a New Race

A/N: I do not own any characters belonging to the original Honkai Impact 3rd storyline.

Copyright © miHoYo. All rights reserved.

"The honkai has attacked yet again with unrelenting brutality. It's a shame that my last experiment did not have the desired outcome," remarked a certain blonde haired man as he looked at the azure sky. It had been a little over half a year after the Second Honkai war; Otto Apocalypse was thinking of a new solution to his problem.

Out of the blue, an idea popped up in the Overseer's head.

"Perhaps I should try fuse honkai with humans. Therefore a human with herrscher powers is much more likely to exist."

Otto decided to act on his idea despite the costs. Consequently, the project was underway within a few weeks. However, the results were not pleasant to the Overseer. All of the creatures that Schicksal created could not live for more that a few hours. Nevertheless, Otto insisted on continuing the project.

Presssed by necessity, Schicksal's researchers tried again and again to created a human-honkai hybrid. Eventually, they realised something after quite a few failures. Wolves, out of all other animals, had unusually high honkai adaptability. This was proven by the thriving population of wolves in Siberia despite the war that took place there. Therefore, with the genes of wolves included, a new race was born.

The first of these creatures was a female. The analysts named her 'X-A10'. Multiple other creatures were created from her; she was the template of this new race. The creatures were named Okami- from their origins of the Canis Lupus. The okami (all one hundred and fifty of them) were given serial codes for identification.

They were raised to be warriors, being trained for nearly fifteen hours a day. Their honkai genes greatly boosted their physical capabilities; at the young age of twelve one okami could lift a paladin with ease.

For the most part, they were like normal children- they even had friends. Some prominent ones among them were S-B14 -a strong and kind-hearted girl- and H-D17 (a fairly skilled young man). Despite their serial numbers, the okami had given each other names. X-A10 was called 'Hajime' while H-D17's special name was 'Hiro'.

The two specific okami mentioned had some sort of rivalry; one would always try and top the other. The others would watch as it was entertaining to spectate their sparring matches.

For a brief moment, everything seemed peaceful for the new race. That is, before Otto decided to test something.

Otto had been observing the okami for some time. He took an interest in Hajime; she had an odd wolf-shaped marking on her left upper arm.

"Has a herrscher already manifested among them?" that was the thought that was constantly in the Overseer's mind.

To put this to test, Otto sent some of the okami (about 50 of them) to a lab for testing. Their high honkai adaptability would help humanity advance in leaps and bounds. Hajime (X-A10) was included in that specific group.

To her, the experiments seemed alright; her ability to purify unstable honkai energy within her body made the experience painless. The same could not be said for her boon companion. F-B12, who was named 'Sonia' was suffering due to her low honkai adaptability. Day by day, she would be in incessant pain as the honkai energy corrupted her body. This saddened Hajime. However, she could not help. Even if she tried to prevent the scientists from taking Sonia away, the cold researchers simply called their guards. They did unspeakable things to Hajime. This was the reason for her bandages.