18. Princeton

"There has to be a reason why we've been attacked twice in five weeks," I said as we all stood outside in the cold. It's been four days since the attack. The pack hasn't been attacked this much not even when I was little. Bo and Grandpa had upped the patrolling and training. Mama and Papa had kept that in place when they had been alphas temporarily before the triplets turned 18 and were decided who would be the next alpha which happened to be Alaska.

Nothing has changed though. Patrolling and training have been intense from what Bella had told me over the phone whenever we talked over the phone while I was in Texas.

Speaking of, Bella was currently pacing Alaska's office while said girl sat at her desk, elbows holding her chin up as she looked at every face in the door. Grandpa, Bo, Mama, and Papa were also here.

"More specifically why they began as soon as Princeton returned and found his mate," Apollo added and I felt Jessie clench my hand and I pulled him closer kissing the top of his head, "it makes no sense whatsoever."

"Training and patrol will be increased until we figure out why rogues are attacking and why they're targeting Princeton, specifically." Alaska added.

I know I had a few enemies but were they so desperate for revenge that they'd begin to attack the pack as soon as I got back home? Was it my fault that we've been attacked twice already?

>It's not your fault, Princeton.< Gunnolf said in my head making me clench my jaw. >Whoever is doing this, is at fault. We will find out who they are and they'll be punished< I didn't say anything and he sighed before closing our link.

"We will also be keeping an eye on any suspicious activity and anyone who sees anything out of the norm is to report to me immediately," Alaska stated and we nodded. We left soon after.

"Come on, I'll make us something to eat since I know you haven't eaten anything since this morning," I said leading Jessie out of the room and he smiled.

"A man after my own heart." He teased making me chuckle as I tossed an arm over his shoulder and pulled him closer and kissed his temple.

>Keep a close on Jessie.< Papa said in my head making me tilt my head to the side as we walked in opposite directions, him going for a run with Mama while Jessie and I made our way to the kitchen.

>Why? Do you think these attacks have something to do with him?<

>Whoever got those rogues to attack the pack, but most specifically you, wants you out of the picture.< He replied >Which means Jessie needs to be with you at all times in case whoever is involved shows up.<

I nodded and with that, he closed the mind-link between us.

Just as I was getting the ingredients out to make us something to eat, Jericho who carried Julianna, and Jenna who held Josh came running into the kitchen looking terrified which had both Jessie and me on high alert.

"What's going on?" I asked and the siblings looked terrified before Jericho or Jenna could answer, Kayden crept down the hall, eyes dark and a snarl curling at his lips and I heard their hearts racing in their chests. Realizing they were in danger, I immediately pushed them behind my back and growled at the male.

"Ka-Kayden" Jessie whispered from behind me and I snarl at Kayden daring him to take another step closer to us. I was ready to attack if he did. I didn't care that he was Jessie's friend, right now he was a threat to him and the kids.

"Take another step closer and I'll snap your neck," I threatened and Kayden only scoffed as he glared daggers. "Jessie take the kids and get out."

"But," he began but I cut him off.