A Beautiful Collision

thank you for 35k reads?! medyo na-delay yung pag-publish ng part 2 lmao i'm so sorry tbh it slipped my mind that this was still in my drafts 💀 this one is kinda shorter than the first part but it's navon, i can't resist them; kahit maikli, di ko papalagpasin.

────────────────────

SPECIAL CHAPTER 02
The Beginning of Always:
A Beautiful Collision

For the past hour since they arrived at the rooftop of Mikael's condominium building which was located only a few blocks away from the bar, everything has been a delight for Kievon. He didn't expect Nayi to follow him despite his implication but to his relief, she did, and from there, everything has been sailing smoothly.

"Oo nga pala, madalas ka bang nandito? Mukhang familiar si Kuya sa'yo kanina e."

"Yeah, Mikael lives here so we spend a lot of time here," he replied matter-of-factly.

She nodded. "Oh... Buti pinapasok ka niya agad kanina kahit wala siya dito pero bakit pala Kievel ang tawag niya sa'yo? Akala ko Kievon ang pangalan mo?"

"Kievel Vaughnter's my whole name. Nasanay siyang Kievel tawag sa'kin dahil 'yun 'yung nasa ID ko at nasanay na rin ako."

Nayi's mouth suddenly curved into a tiny circle. "Kievel Vaughnter? That's your name?"

"Yeah?" he answered with slight hesitance, unsure about where they were going with this.

"Vaughnter sounds like a lovely name! Can I call you that? Vaughnter?"

"Okay," he continued, "and technically, you're going to be the first person ever to call me that."

"Grabe ka naman sa'kin!" She acted stirred with her hand on her chest and faked a cry. "I feel special tuloy."

"I'm just telling the truth?" They laughed. "It's fine."

"Let me have my moment, 'kay? First and last time na 'tong may tatawag sa'yong Vaughnter. Sino naman sila? Mga nobodies na Kievon lang ang tawag sa'yo."

"Yeah, first and last..." he whispered. "Natania Yliss sounds lovely too."

"Alam ko." She bursted into laughter. "Emz! Hindi ko talaga alam pero thank you. Wala namang nagsasabi nun sa'kin kasi Nayi na talaga tawag nila sa'kin."

"It really is pretty, bagay sa'yo. Alam mo ano pang bagay sa'yo?"

"Ano?"

Kievon shrugged and subtly kept on pointing his index finger to his chest. She immediately caught what he was trying to say and laughed uncontrollably. The way her laugh put a smile on Kievon's face in a matter of a second is something Kievon wished he knew how to defend but for her laugh, it was better to succumb to it than to fight it.

"You're so corny. Pasalamat ka talaga na gwapo ka, e 'di we can be corny and pretty together."

"And I thank Him everyday for that."

Nayi jokingly rolled her eyes as she walked to the wall. "Please, baka naman ma-in love ka na agad sa'kin niyan. Sorry pero sinasabi ko na ngayon, hindi talaga kita masasalo kahit anong mangyari."

"I don't mind," he whispered to the air, the only one who heard it.

He faked a cough before looking at Nayi who was already busy catching the stars with her glistening eyes. He didn't want to disrupt the moment in front of him; during that fleeting minute, he was sure of something: he was no painter with the grace of interpretation and depiction but if he were given a mural that would persist across lands, he'd paint Natania Yliss in her best element with the magnetic pull of her eyes drawing the stars closer to her.