TWENTY-EIGHT

* * *

"My Prince, I know I'm overstepping my boundaries but if I may say," Baltes said, slightly bowing towards his Prince who was now working all his forces to suppress the Eldest Prince faction. The news about Prince Rahu ascending to the throne in a month had already spread among the nobles of their country and it is no longer surprising that their number was decided into three factions. One was in support of the Crown Prince, the other was to the eldest prince, and a small number was neutral. The crowned Prince's faction was slightly bigger than the eldest prince; however, Eldest Prince Sahib has some of the most influential people in the country of Mizrahill by his side so it cannot be ignored.

If they let their guard down any moment before the actual coronation, a big revolt could possibly happen. The crowned prince is a capable leader despite him initially having no interest in the crown. As long as he stayed strong, nothing would be able to beat him into claiming what was rightfully his. Additionally, aside from the massive support he received from various influential families and individuals in the country, and the King's favor, the people also chose the Crown Prince. However, everyone knows that the Crown Prince was a person who could give up the throne any moment... since he was initially the strongest supporter of the eldest prince and since he was young he refused to take the heir's classes until he suddenly declared he wanted to be the one to take the throne when he was 14 years old... It was the same year he was announced as the heir to the throne instead of the eldest prince.

Baltes had grown up with the crowned prince as his playmate and guard and so he knew the real reason why he suddenly changed his mind. There was nothing wrong with it but he can't deny that it was rather a vulnerable weakness of his.

"You may speak, my friend," Rahu permitted, still looking at the document on his hand. Bates bowed again before briefly looking at his Prince. He didn't say anything at first, causing Rahu to finally look at him waiting for whatever his friend would say to him.

"My Prince, the little star of the Empire, soon-to-be our Sun, why don't you come out in front of Gabriel? The Eldest Prince will soon use your secret as a desperate move in order to prevent your coronation. My Prince, that is your only weakness that the Eldest Prince was holding on to. The Eldest Prince was fated to the future Queen. He might use that to his advantage. If the King and Queen heard this, they might not allow your marriage or postpone it at a later date. I know that you knew this well and that is why you are keeping Gabriel beside you," Baltes conveyed, keeping his eyes down. The problem was simple in the beginning but because it had been kept for so long, it has become a problem. If Gabriel knew the truth and accepted it, Baltes was sure that his Prince would be a lot calmer. If the Omega doesn't, then this marriage was never going to work in the first place.

"You've been tense since you learned that Grabriel was carrying your heir. I believe you'd feel a lot better if you're no longer carrying something. I'm sure Gabriel would understand. Both of you were young and this only became a bigger problem the longer it was kept unsaid." Baltes added bluntly, he couldn't see Rahu's expression so he didn't know that what he said had been crowding Rahu's mind since his talk to Gabriel the other day. Baltes' words might be an act of disrespect towards his future King but as a friend who had been with Rahu for as long as they could remember, Baltes was his one and only friend. His most trusted loyal subject, who would choose his side no matter what, even sacrificing his own life for him.

"Stop! I understand what you mean, I was planning to tell him soon," Rahu replied in frustration, rubbing his temples. The secret that he didn't want to reveal started as a child joke. He never meant to lie in the beginning but as time passed by, it became harder and harder to tell the truth.

The fact that he wasn't the one sending those letters, at least not until he was 14 years old. But Rahu had always been reading Gabriel's reply along with Prince Sahid back when they were closer. At first, he just felt bad for the Omega for sending a letter to his older brother who only replied whenever he was bored. There were some instances where he pretended to be his brother to write the letters and sent them to Gabriel. Additionally, for safety purposes, introducing themselves was forbidden due to their royal identity. The letters are also not written by themselves personally, so until they turn 12 years old, the servants write the letters instead and review them before it is sent to the receiver.