vii. lull

"Come on

"Come on. It's nothing to be scared of." Kelsey said as she led Tory through the hallway and to her family room. "I don't know. Meeting the parents is scary. Especially when there's four of them." Tory said. Kelsey laughed. "You'll be fine." She entered the family room and saw her mom and Walsh cuddled up on the couch. "Hey, Mom, Walsh." She said. "Oh, hey, sweetie. Who's this?" Debbie asked, placing her cup of tea on the table.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. Ma, Dad, Pops! Get in here!" Kelsey called throughout the house. Sheryl came in from the kitchen, and Porter and Ayden came from upstairs. "What's going on?" Sheryl asked, sitting on a chair. "Well, I'd like to introduce you to someone. Tory, these are my moms Sheryl and Debbie, my dads Ayden and Porter, and their boyfriend Walsh. Guys, this is my girlfriend, Tory." Kelsey explained.

Debbie squealed. "Oh, finally." She said, standing up. "It's so nice to meet you, honey. Welcome to the family." She said, giving Tory a hug. She turned to her daughter. "Not bad at all, honey." "Mom." Kelsey whined. "So, how did you guys meet?" Ayden asked. "We met through Cobra Kai." Kelsey responded. "Speaking of which, we are about to be late. Let's go, babe."

***

"Everybody get your gis on. Training starts in five minutes." Johnny said, coming out of the office. "What?" Kelsey asked Tory. Tory shook her head. "Yeah, what's wrong?" Johnny asked. "Nothing's wrong. I just thought we were going to the woods for a special training today." Miguel said. Johnny turned to look at Kreese. "What's happening in the woods?" He asked. "Well, I thought it was a good time to separate the men from the boys."

Kelsey, Tory, and Aisha gave him a blank look. "And the girls, too, I suppose." "How?" Johnny asked. "Coyote Creek." Kreese responded. Johnny sighed. "I'm not sure they're ready for that." He said. Hawk and Kelsey looked at each other in disbelief. "There's only one way to find out." Kreese said. "We're ready, Sensei. We wanna prove ourselves." Hawk told Johnny. "It's up to Sensei Lawrence. If he says it's okay, then, and only then, is it okay." Kreese said. "Alright, what are you waiting for? Let's go."