24 | Twenty-four

PHOEBE HAYES

SOMETIMES ALL I WANT to do is punch someone. I think that's bad because I don't like violence but whatever. And either way punching someone can help release stress, right? I don't know, but I'm willing to find out.

I stretch out my arms and crack my neck. With the way I'm going, I'll be walking around like an old lady with arthritic pain. Is that bad? Probably, but I can bet that when I'm a grandma I'll be one of those nice ladies.

Most elderly people I've met are nice but some others are just so grouchy and rude, like you're crippling? I think you're the last one to talk. That's rude, isn't it? Oh well.

Anyway, I think I'd much rather not be a grandma for now but we'll have to see about that one.

My phone buzzes on my nightstand and when I reach for it, a frown overtakes my face.

Mila: guess what?

Me: hm...you finally learned how to mind ur business and stfu?

Mila: funny, but no.

Me: *sigh* then I'm all out of guesses, okay bye.

I shut off my phone and get ready for the day which consists of brushing my teeth and my hair, then washing my face and getting dressed. Today I put on a simple blue zip up and a white crop top underneath, then I slipped on a pair of black leggings.

By the time I get back to my room, I realize that my sister left me a bunch of messages that I have no intention of reading but. . .I'm curious as to what she has to say this time. She seems to show up everywhere that I am and it's annoying.

I want so badly for her to leave me alone but no she just has to try and embarrass me. Next thing you know she's telling people embarrassing stories, or even worse, she's telling people about what happened when we were back home.

God, I hope that doesn't happen because if it does then I'll definitely be trying out my personal punching bag, aka my sister.

But then again, violence is never the answer, well okay, sometimes but I like to think of myself as pacifist but if there's anything I know, it's that you can have the urge to hurt someone but not act on it.

It's like wanting to hurt an insect but you let them live. I, for one, am very scared of insects which is why I tend to try and stay away from them but that doesn't always work does it? They just come out of nowhere and start coming near you. It's creepy in my opinion.

I pad to the front door and slip on my shoes and jacket before grabbing my phone and my keys. Locking the door behind me, I run down the steps and push open the doors but the cold wintry air freezes me in my steps. I take a moment to regain movement and start walking down the street.

Pulling out my phone, I sent a text to Eli.

Me: im coming to see you

Eli :) : no, go away

Me: smd, im bored and ur the only one i like annoying

Eli :) : this is entertaining to you?

Me: yes? Why wouldn't it be

Eli :) : wtv, but if you start making dick jokes im kicking you out.

Me: boring ass.

I turn my phone off with a smile still plastered to my face as I make my way down the snow-clad streets and towards Elijah's house. I wonder if he actually dislikes me because then I'd have to stop annoying him. I feel bad now because what if I'm actually being bothersome to him and he's being serious.