1 ⌁ Tony

Edited: 8th of April, 2022Edited (again): 13th of January 2024 (hope it's more readable now)

Edited (again): 13th of January 2024 (hope it's more readable now)

"What do you mean, he just appeared?!?" Tony Stark snapped, running a hand over his face. 

"Just what I said, sir. Even though I have to admit that this is quite unusual", announced JARVIS' monotone voice from the ceiling. Tony scoffed in disbelief. Quite unusual it was. For fuck's sake why was it always him. 
There on his terrace - a thousand feet above the ground - lay a (potentially dead) boy in blood stained clothing. Black hair covered his face, he was obviously at least unconscious. 

The billionaire sighed, pretty tempted to just ignore the guy and go back inside, drink some coffee and call it a day because it was way too early for this shit. Sadly, his superhero-duties and (barely intact) moral code kept him from doing so. 

"JARVIS, call some security guards- no wait just get Bruce, we gotta patch the kid up. Oh and call  Cap as soon as he's back from his run."

"Luckily for you, sir, Mr. Rogers just returned from his morning run. Dr. Banner is still asleep though" 

Tony shrugged and leaned against the window. "Just wake him up. Hurry, before the guy bleeds out"

A shocked gasp escaped the super soldier, when he stepped outside. His face was covered in sweat and the tight shirt showed all of his muscles. Tony scoffed. Maybe he should buy the Captain some running clothes in the man's actual size. 

"Who's this, Stark?" Rogers said, disbelief and concern etched into his face. He hurried over to the boy and kneeled down next to him, just as Bruce Banner appeared in the door. The doctor wore blue pajamas and had obviously just woken up. With messy hair and puffy eyes he stumbled outside. 

"Tony, what the hell is wrong- Oh my god!" Doctor-mode activated, Bruce jogged over to the two figures on the terrace. He squatted down and grabbed the boy's wrist to expertly check for his pulse or something. 

"Faint. Bit fast.", he noted, "Why haven't you done anything, Tony?" Tony shrugged. 

"I'm not the doctor, Bruce"

"Well, you could at least take him inside!" 

"I'm not the super strong soldier either, Bruce" Banner sighed seemingly annoyed.

"I'll take him!", Steve quickly interfered, "No problem." The doctor nodded, and the Captain wrapped his arm around the boy's shoulder-

The kid awoke with a start. 

Waking up wasn't the right word to describe it, really. More like he suddenly jolted upright and slapped the Captain's hand away,  his dark eyes frantically scanning their surroundings. Tony could barely catch a glimpse at the boy's pale face, black bangs obscuring his view. 

Before anyone could react, even before Steve's super soldier reflexes kicked in, the kid was up in a flash and put distance between them in a few big jumps. 

He was now facing them, but stood worryingly near to the edge (though he didn't seem to mind much). With one hand he was gripping his rips tightly, the other one hovered over a pocket at his belt. Even from several feet away, Tony noticed the cold glare in those dark, dark eyes. 

For a moment Tony Stark thought to see the soldier flinch, but that was impossible.
Rogers didn't tremble. Especially not because of a child. 

"Hey Kiddo-", Tony exclaimed but was interrupted by Steve who shot him a warning glance, then held up his hands in an 'I surrender' position. The blond turned his head to the boy, who hadn't moved and was also still ignoring the blood that continuously dripped from small cuts on his face and arms.

Tony noticed the worried look in Banner's eyes, but also his clenched teeth and quietly prayed for the doctor's self-control to hold. It would uncomfortable if he got too stressed.   

"Are you okay?" Steve asked into the too still air. Wow, great question to start conversation with a blood stained guy, that looks like he's going to murder you any second. The kid didn't answer. Well, not that it had been expected. The Cap however didn't give up -- of course not.

"Kid, we can help you. May I...get closer?" When the boy remained silent, staring at them, Steve slowly reached his hand out and took a step forward. That was certainly not a good idea, seeing how hard the black-head flinched back. The kid squinted suspiciously at them, then threw a quick glance over his shoulder down to the busy streets, before returning his empty gaze to the blond man. 

When Steve took another step, the boy reached for his pouch. For a second he tried to pull something from it, but the moment he twisted to the side, his body began to shake violently. 

Another step closer. 

Something switched in the kid's face. (Well done, Steve). He looked down again, then at the three men. The boy clutched his ribs tightly and to a determined step back. 

He jumped. 

⌁⌁⌁

This is short I know, next one will be double length!
Tell me your opinion,
comment,
vote and follow
lol. 

~Feey