03: Duties

Pit POV

Palutena wanted me to guard her 24/7 since she sensed a dark presence nearby that seemed to be targeting the people in Skyworld. "Now Pit, you have to always be alert when patrolling" She said. "Yes Lady Palutena" I said feeling tired already. "Can we rest now? We've been walking for hours" I asked.

"Pit, if you get tired by just walking for a while, how are you gonna protect Skyworld? Plus, it's only been an hour" She said jokingly. "F-Fine! I'll try to hold out for a bit longer but my feet feel like their turning into jello" I sighed.

Dark Pit POV

"Yes I'm here, but I still haven't seen any abnormal creatures" I said talking with Viridi telepathy. "Just wait Dark Pit, and be patient" She said. I sighed and sat around waiting for something to happen. "What are you doing Pit...?" I whispered while thinking about him constantly.

"Stay focused Dark Pit!" Viridi yelled. "I got it!" I yelled back.

After an hour I heard some stomping coming from the corner. I hid behind giant rocks just in time to find some huge ugly monsters walking past me. "What the fuck are those?" I whispered. Even if I was loud, they wouldn't be able to hear me due to their own stomping. They didn't look like they had very big ears either.

I remained hidden and watched as many of those creatures continued walking by.

"You see this Viridi...?" I asked her. "Yes, I haven't seen anything like this...their HUGE" She said. "I'm gonna follow them!" I said after the last one pasted by. "Don't! It's too dangerous!" Viridi yelled.

"I don't care! Didn't you want to learn more about them?" I said flying in their direction. Wasn't hard with all the stomping. "Mombo found intruder!" One said after I accidentally dropped a stone after they stopped stomping. "Shit! They saw me!" I whispered. "Get out of there Dark Pit!" Viridi yelled as I flew away. "Can't you use the power of teleportation?!" I yelled. "Your in the corner of the underworld where my powers can't reach you" She said.

I continued to fly until one of those creatures jumped and scratched me.

I was shoved onto the rock hard walls. "Ow! My wing!" I yelled when I saw blood coming from my feathers. "Shit! I'm gonna have to fight them!" I yelled grabbing my weapons. "Don't! Just a little farther then I can teleport you back!" Viridi yelled loudly. "Tch!" I yelled running while avoiding all the monsters who tried catching me. "This isn't what I expected when coming down here!" I yelled.

One grabbed me and I managed to cut its hand but not without it crushing my ribs.

"I'm getting you out of there!" Viridi said teleporting me out.