Chapter one. The Intro

It's getting dark. I've spent longer on this hunting trip then needed.

That stupid eagle kept taunting me like he does every day, it's been getting harder to bring back food because it's almost winter.

Frost has littered the ground.

Cold and loud thuds follow my paws from the frozen ground beneath me.

I'm an expert at this, but yet I still fail at catching helpless prey.

I'm not sure know why, but I feel more lousy then usual.

I ignore the pain on my paws and run to my den connected to my house in behind, once I get inside I go through the dog door that has been barreled through many of times.

'Can I risk shifting tonight?' I thought.

I rarely shift into my human form because then I would be weak and fragile so I stay in my wolf form. Usually.

The hunters haven't been on me in a couple of weeks, I think they gave up.

A few cracks and and ear splitting howls turn to human grunts and groans.

I'm human, but most importantly, I'm naked and cold.

I ran upstairs to my bedroom. The floor had been lathered in scraps and claw marks, I slowly walked by the two empty bedrooms before reaching mine.

As I go by the bedrooms I whisper "love you mom and dad.... and little sis" I know they can't hear me. Because they never will.

I strive to kill every wolf hunter I meet until my days end.