Chapter 2

As time flew by on earth the Eternals developed a dynamic and began to understand each other better.

But none of them could ever understand Makkari or Druig, they were always in each other's orbit and inseparable. It might have been because Druig was the only one who was fluent in sign language or because Druig felt safe and at home with Makkari, but either way, where one was the other wasn't far. Most of the Eternals were too focused on their own lives to notice changes in both personalities as time went on. They both became calmer around each other in their own ways, Makkari who was never one to stay still was able to remain in the same place for extended periods of time if Druig was with her, and while she was there his powers relaxed allowing him peace of his own mind.

To him, she was everything all the beauty of the world in one amazing person and he wanted her to know it. This was why he started adding adjectives whenever he said her name, Beautiful, amazing, courageous, and lively to name a few, but beautiful was by far his favourite as whenever he said or signed it her face lit up as it was the first time, he had ever said it.

As much as he would never admit it to her, he loved her and couldn't continue living without her. As much as he was trying to push those feelings away because there is no way she feels the same way, the more time he was in her orbit the harder it became to ignore it. But, as much as he wished it were true, she could never feel the same way about him because in her eyes they were just best friends.

She loved him, there was no doubting it, she couldn't breathe without him by her side. She had figured this out decades ago but decided against telling him as she believed it would ruin their friendship. Well, that was until she slipped up one night...

They were together most hours of the day only really being apart when fighting deviants or when she was collecting the treasures of humanity. They currently resided in Aleppo once known as Halab, the city was beautiful, nowhere near Makkari beauty to Druig but nevertheless it was filled with markets and temples which the Eternals loved exploring seeing humanity's accomplishments in person.

Druig and Makkari were walking through the town square as it had been a quiet week with deviant attacks, and they thought no would be a better time than any to enjoy others time. Druig had noticed a necklace hanging at one of the stalls which made him think of Makkari, so while she was distracted with the newest food that had been created, he bought it for her. It has a simple string as they hadn't discovered metal yet, with a wooden charm painted a red tinge that was seemingly perfect for her.

He walked over to where she was sitting on a rock enjoying some sort of treat and before he could even try and get her attention, she was already signing about the food she was enjoying having felt his vibrations like normal. But while she was distracted with still enjoying her food- at this point you would have thought she was the 'god of food', he reached into his pocket and handed her the necklace he bought. Her face of pure happiness brought a smile to his face as she started signing at him, I love it, but you shouldn't have. He replied already knowing that she was going to say that, but it reminded me of you the beautiful Makkari.

Before he could continue, she had attacked him with a bone-crushing hug and signed, thank you love.

He thought he was hallucinating, or she had started adding endearments to her vocabulary like him but then she signed in response to his stunned silence, I thought it was fitting since I Love You.