Chapter Twenty Five: Tip

In the morning, I had to look my best for an interview with that horrible Rita Skeeter woman. Bill and Charlie helped me look my best with my stupidly long hair and I was practicing talking without exposing my teeth and tongue too much. I put on my robes and had no jewelry on, except for my earrings. I twirled and Charlie blushed while Bill gave me a thumbs up. I made my way to the room for the interview and hugged Cedric. Fleur and Viktor greeted me politely and when Harry finally got here, his hair was a mess. We were put in a pose for all five of us to be featured in the Daily Prophet. Unknown to me, Rita saw me hug Cedric when I came in. When we were in a confident pose together, there was a bright flash.

          "What a magnificent quintuplet. Five fantastic faces. Hello, I'm Rita Skeeter. I write for the daily prophet. But, of course, you know that, don't you? It's you we don't know. You're the juicy news," she greeted and shook our hands.

          She caressed Fleur's cheek, then hit it after her question, "What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks?"

          I flinched and exchanged glances with Fleur.

          She circled Viktor, looking him up and down, "What mysteries do the muscles mask?"

          Viktor was always stoic and didn't amuse her antics.

          She roughly ran her hand through Cedric's hair, "Does courage lie beneath those curls?"

          I giggled and ran my hand through his hair, making us both blush and catching her attention.

          She put her arms around Harry and my shoulders, "In short, what makes a champion tick? Me, myself and I want to know. Not to mention my ravid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing?"

          I looked up at the ceiling and hoped she didn't choose me first.

          She took Harry first instead, "Shall we start with the youngest? Lovely."

          When she left, I messed Cedric's hair, "That looked painful."

          He tilted his head lower for me, "It was. I much prefer your touch. Are we still meeting at lunch?"

          I smiled, "Yes, please. You know, I need a name for you. Though, I personally enjoy cinnamon roll."

          "C-Cinnamon roll?" he blushed and whispered.

          I nodded, "You're a softie and you know it."

          He brought the hand I was using to his mouth and kissed it, "As long as you know it."

          "Why, you two are close. How stirring," Rita said as Harry was now leaving.

          "I'm sure I'm next," I said quickly and went to her.

          The interview was in a closet but it was spacious with seats. She had an enchanted quill that wrote for her on parchment but I was quick to ignore it at her instruction.

           "Tell me, Ivy, you're fourteen. The long lost sibling of the infamous Harry Potter. You must be feeling conflicted having to compete against him and a lover," she purred.

          "L-L-Lover?!" I asked.

          "Oh? No lover?" she grinned.

          "N-No!" I said.

          "Tell me, do you feel confident going against experienced and masterful students from the largest schools in Europe?" she asked.

          "Of course not," I said softly.