Chapter 5: Vandelism Is a Form of Art

“Everything's been said before
There's nothing left to say anymore
When it's all the same
You can ask for it by name
Babble, Babble, Bitch, Bitch
Rebel, Rebel, Party, Party
Sex, sex, sex, and don't forget the violence
Blah, blah –”

“Hello?”  Edana mumbled sleepily into her phone.  She was lying on her stomach, one arm slung over Danni’s bare chest, the other holding the phone to her ear.

“Morning, Eddie.  We’re outside,” she heard Tracy’s voice answer her.

“Mm?”  She asked, still stuck under layers of sleep.

“We’re outside, Ed.  Greg, Jerry and I.  Let us in.”

“Who’s it?”  Danni murmured, turning onto his side and nuzzling his face into the Edana’s shoulder.

“Trace.  She’s outside,” Edana replied, still half asleep, not comprehending what she was saying.

Danni suddenly threw the covers off and jumped off the bed, running out the room.  Edana ignored him, pulled the covers back over herself, hung up on Tracy and burrowed back into her pillows, drifting back to sleep.

Danni ran for the front door, throwing it open and engulfing a surprised Tracy in a huge hug.  He released her and turned to Jerry and Greg, throwing an arm over each of their shoulders and leading them into the house.

“Where’s Eddie?”  Greg asked, looking around as Danni walked them back to her room.

Danni let out a short laugh, “Probably back to sleep.”

They walked into her room and there she was, snuggling her pillows, fast asleep.  Jerry went over to her bed and lay down in front of her, so that they were facing each other.

“Ahw, look how cute and innocent she looks when she’s asleep,” Jerry commented smiling.

“Ye’, you could almost believe she’s harmless,” Danni replied, smirking.

Greg got a mischievous look in his eye and slowly approached the side of the bed that Jerry was laying on, motioning for him to move away.  Danni looked like he wanted to say something, but quickly stopped, looking amused.

Jerry slowly got of the bed and moved to go stand with Danni, while Tracy sat in a computer chair at Edana’s desk.  Greg quietly crawled over to Edana, while the others watched in silent amusement.  Greg had never had the ‘pleasure’ of waking Edana up before – in fact, he had never even seen Edana being woken up before – so no one was going to spoil the surprise.

Greg reached out both hands, as if to pounce on Edana.  “Eddie, wa–”

As soon as Greg’s fingers made contact with Edana’s shoulder, she grabbed the lock-blade she had hidden under her pillow, flipped him on to his back, pinned him down and held the knife to his neck, instinctively thrusting her mind into his, to find his weak points and intentions.

As soon as she realised it was Greg, she jumped off and put the knife away.

“Don’t do that, asshole,” Edana snapped, lying back down on the pillows.

Greg still lay in the same position, eyes as big as saucers, while the rest laughed.  Danni went up and threw Edana over his shoulder, taking her over to her wardrobe and throwing her inside.

Edana stood up and silently cursed her friends for waking her up; she didn’t even know what the time was.

She went through her clothes and got out a purple bra and thong set, beige cargo pants and a purple three-quarter shirt that revealed a bit of her midriff.  She went over to the bathroom, taking her clothes with her, and shut the door, throwing her clothes on the floor and turning the shower on.