𝟮.𝟯.𝟭

Lazily, I pulled out my in-ears to plug into my laptop

Lazily, I pulled out my in-ears to plug into my laptop. After a whole week, it was finally time to polish up the recordings. I was alone this time. The Boyz had End of Year schedules with KBS and whatever. At that moment, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Soh!" a girl's voice chirped the other side.

"Ah! Rae! Whatcha need?" I asked.

"Was just checking if you're free to go out tonight!" she stated.

"Ah~" I turned back to my opened laptop, sitting there innocently. "Sorry I can't. Need to polish some stuff up for the guys' new album."

"Ah~ I see. Alright! Catch ya later then!" she wished.

"See you!" I replied before hanging up.

I was about to go right back to working on my project when my phone rang again; this time it was a facetime. I picked it up and leaned my phone on the sound panel in front of me.

"Whatcha need Jae?" I asked, eyes locked onto my screen.

"Is Jae starting to look like me?" a man's voice came from my phone.

It was only then, when I took a awaited break from my laptop screen, to properly see who it was that facetimed me.

"Dad!" I exclaimed, looking down at my phone. "Where's Mom?" I asked.

"Here sweetie!" Mom's voice emerged as she raised her hand behind Dad's head.

"Did Jae really age that much?" Dad joked.

"You should see him," I played along, earning a hearty laugh from both my elders.

"Are you busy at the moment?" Mom asked, shouting from wherever she was; the kitchen probably. "We can always call back another time."

"No! It's fine! I'm just polishing the tracks up, that's it," I shared. "So, what do I owe such a video call?" I asked.

"Well, your mother and I were thinking of visiting you this coming year," Dad shared.

"Oh! I didn't realise that the New Year is only one and a half week more!" I realised as I looked over at my digital calendar of my laptop. Dad let out a laugh at how I managed to lose sense of space and time.

"Yes, well, we were planning to come in March or April 2020," Dad said.

"I think I'll be free about then. We can go visit the old places you used to bring Jae and I when we just moved," I suggested.

"That's a great idea! We'll share it with Jae after this!" they said.

"Where will y'all be staying?" I asked.

"In a hotel probably. We wouldn't want to bother you if we stay at your tiny apartment," Mom said.

"My apartment isn't THAT small," I pointed out.